Were you thinking private sale, consignment or auction? Good stuff has a decent market but I find anything not in good condition to be a bit soft. Where and how you sell it makes a lot of difference. If you want top dollar, nobody will buy stuff quickly as quickly as an auction but auctions can be underwhelming in prices more often than they are overbid.

I’ve sold a lot of lower end stuff on auctions like Gunrunner and now LS&B for slightly better stuff. In the first I drive up to their location and the later makes trips around the country picking up lots as they go. I’ve bought many more from LS&B and all transactions have been great. I have sold more guns on Gunrunner than bought from them. Also east to deal with.

I really need to prune back the project guns I have and those need to go to Gunrunner. They have two locations now. Their market seems to be lower end than LS&B but both will take what you have. Gunrunner charges less percentage but has a smaller following. I just don’t have the patience to deal directly with people or Gunbroker. I’ll pay to get rid of those headaches.