May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ted Schefelbein), 368 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,561
Posts546,340
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
....Interesting. Where do you suppose a juvenile in the 20teens would be guzzling leaded gasoline?....
Yes, up is down. I'm thankful for the little things, such as you're no longer accepting students. Stick 'em with a small fortune in loans, when they could pick up the same science and philosophy degree at the corner latte shop for free, right B.

Science is definitely over your head, craig. Rational thought, in general, is too much of a reach. But continue on. I want to hear more of your expertise on this matter. It's greatly entertaining.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rather than insult each other speak to actual facts and to logical steps of proof.

Too often disagreement becomes personal animosity.

Put another way, the current explosion of predator populations demonstrates that lead is not a threat to increasing eagles numbers. Moreover the loss of habitat and prey species is invariably a greater factor in predator populations. BTW this includes condors. If looked at rationally lead is a marginal threat compared to habitat.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
1 member likes this: OldMaineWoodsman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael, I've posted facts here on this topic for years. It falls on deaf ears, that are, of course, willfully deaf.

How does the "current explosion of predator populations" demonstrate that lead is not a thread to eagle numbers? What it says even better is that not much is preying upon mesocarnivores and the price of fur is low. Looked at rationally, lead is a big and immediate threat to condors. This is extremely well documented. If you want to be rational - look at the research. It's pretty obvious that lead is not "marginal" regardless of trends in habitat.

_________

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is off topic but points to science error.back in 1974 I had a class that woods hole and Bernard barni pipkin and another professor from scrips in San Diego NASA contributed to the scientific fact we were heading into a global cooling like the little ice age or even a new ice age the money was flowing at every level to study this pending disaster this went on for years and guess what! No ice age all the science from these great bastions of learning were incorrect on a giant scale and the fudging of the global warming data....just follow the money

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
mc #634704 08/27/23 01:04 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
This is off topic but points to science error.back in 1974 I had a class that woods hole and Bernard barni pipkin and another professor from scrips in San Diego NASA contributed to the scientific fact we were heading into a global cooling like the little ice age or even a new ice age the money was flowing at every level to study this pending disaster this went on for years and guess what! No ice age all the science from these great bastions of learning were incorrect on a giant scale and the fudging of the global warming data....just follow the money

I’m not sure that “following the science” is where we should place our faith and trust. Science has changed more than scientists want to admit…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is, listening to Texans..John Steinbeck
2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, Stanton Hillis
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Follow the money

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Looked at rationally, lead is a big and immediate threat to condors. This is extremely well documented....
Looked at rationally, how do your facts extrapolate to a hunting lead projectile ban across the entire state? I have no interest in your brand of entertainment, just connect the dots between science, agendas, and law.

Seriously, can you cut through the hypocrisy and do your part by example? Hasn't the california condor been found in New Mexico, not far from Raton? What's your nonlead mono metal load for your late 1800's Ballard moose rifle? Have you destroyed your lead bullet casting molds, so that they never again contribute to environment lead contamination, or have you sold them, for your monetary gain and allow someone else to damage wildlife? No, you're keeping the lead bullet casting molds? Have a good stash of pristine 20:1, 30:1 casting lead, both and more? So, you shoot for a whole month down at Raton, what's that add up to, two, three hundred pounds of lead added to the edge of kalicondor range, or does the science say you get a pass in your mind because of the way you vote?

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
....Looked at rationally, lead is a big and immediate threat to condors. This is extremely well documented....
Looked at rationally, how do your facts extrapolate to a hunting lead projectile ban across the entire state? I have no interest in your brand of entertainment, just connect the dots between science, agendas, and law.

Are you complaining about the science or the law? They are not the same thing. You want to rail about bad science, corrupt science - prove it. That's a very objective process.

Seriously, can you cut through the hypocrisy and do your part by example? Hasn't the california condor been found in New Mexico, not far from Raton? What's your nonlead mono metal load for your late 1800's Ballard moose rifle? Have you destroyed your lead bullet casting molds, so that they never again contribute to environment lead contamination, or have you sold them, for your monetary gain and allow someone else to damage wildlife? No, you're keeping the lead bullet casting molds? Have a good stash of pristine 20:1, 30:1 casting lead, both and more? So, you shoot for a whole month down at Raton, what's that add up to, two, three hundred pounds of lead added to the edge of kalicondor range, or does the science say you get a pass in your mind because of the way you vote?

My moose rifle has never hunted in Condor country. Sorry about that, but if you claim otherwise, that's just another "alternative fact" that you have made up out of thin air. Shooting targets is not a danger to condors. Are you claiming that it is? You are, as always, failing to be rational and continually moving goal posts. But carry on. What's next? I can hardly wait while your knickers become more and more knotted. If only Stan could join you...

_________

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

1600 scientist signed the Kyoto treaty ....16000 other scientist wouldn't sign ,if you like the science you use it if not then you are a ignorant hillbilly. there should never be consensus with science

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by old colonel
Rather than insult each other speak to actual facts and to logical steps of proof.

Too often disagreement becomes personal animosity.

Put another way, the current explosion of predator populations demonstrates that lead is not a threat to increasing eagles numbers. Moreover the loss of habitat and prey species is invariably a greater factor in predator populations. BTW this includes condors. If looked at rationally lead is a marginal threat compared to habitat.

Michael, I've posted facts here on this topic for years. It falls on deaf ears, that are, of course, willfully deaf.

How does the "current explosion of predator populations" demonstrate that lead is not a thread to eagle numbers? What it says even better is that not much is preying upon mesocarnivores and the price of fur is low. Looked at rationally, lead is a big and immediate threat to condors. This is extremely well documented. If you want to be rational - look at the research. It's pretty obvious that lead is not "marginal" regardless of trends in habitat.

Perhaps I failed to express my point better.

The current explosion of predator populations means not that lead does not affect them to the degree it must be eliminated. It means eliminating lead is not a critical need as their populations are doing well. It also means lead is not a dominant factor in their decline. This means upland lead is not a necessary action outside of the unique problem of the scavenger Condor. Even the condor issue appeared more linked to lead bullets from big game as opposed to bird shot, I guess the one size fits all solution had better appeal in California.

My point about the Condor was not that lead was not a problem for them, but that habitat is a greater problem. It is a marginal issue in places like Kansas.

Lastly the politicization of science is a real problem as is the proliferation of garbage in what was once more respected “peer reviewed” publications.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.