Dustin, about the coil springs, no I'm not at all sure. I got that from that font of all truth and wisdom the internet so it's entirely possible my notes to myself are wrong. I'll defer to you and the others who have been into the action. I made some notes on prominent patents to help date guns.

Battle, I always thought the H&H Climax action was just the Scott Triplex rejiggered. Gunman explained this in 2010:

The H&H Climax was essentially a modified Scott "Crystal Cocking Indicator ". It is my under standing ,from the unofficial history of Webley & Scott, that Hollands bought the tooling and rights to the gun from Scotts. They changed the cocking rod from pull to push and did away with the window.

If you compare this gun to a Dominion you can see a direct line of descent. Again the cocking changes to "levers" rather than rods and the Holland/Southgate ejectors added.

Scott of course sold the Triplex action to other gunmakers including H&H; Some possibly made it themselves under license and others bought the action in the white. If the latter I'm told there will usually be a Scott number on it somewhere. Check out this 2010 line recently resurrected:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...;Words=climax&Search=true#Post633451

Last edited by Argo44; 08/29/23 09:32 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch