This past month (& to my chagrin!) I probably used a pumpgun more than I have in the last two decades (due to the recent ammo-crisis, it has become my default truck-gun of late) and while I sort-of expected to have problems with the one trigger/two trigger thing I didn't. I'm guessing that has something to do with the fact that a big, old 870 Express weighs something like 9-lbs so there's no mistaking it for any of my present side by sides. I also have a big, heavy, single-trigger O/U target gun (now that I'm shooting a few clays fairly regularly) and I suspect that also helps with the transition. As to Turkish single triggers, my newish 90 TSS SKB (made in Turkey instead of Japan) has never given me a lick of trouble (at least not yet). I suspect that (as Stan intimated here earlier) single-trigger design has evolved into being pretty trouble-free. The few horror-stories I occasionally hear are almost always related to much-older guns and moreover, I've heard from several competent gunsmiths on the subject that it's all down to dust and oil combining over time to make a sludge that interrupts the workings of the single-trigger mechanism, thus the ongoing problems with older guns. Twin triggers just don't seem to be as susceptible to that particular issue.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 10/31/23 05:11 PM.