Originally Posted by skeettx
Nice rifle, what calibers?

Is this a Superposed Express Rifle?

Thanks for asking. Yes, it's an Express in .30-06. For four decades, I really wanted the Continental like you posted. I always planned to actually hunt with it, since I am mainly a bird hunter, but most of the ones that hit the market were investment guns. I would lose 30% of the value by just taking them in the field. I'm too practical for that. Besides, I have had a 20 gauge bird gun since 1990, a Browning BSS Sporter with IC/M barrels so the 20 gauge barrels for the Continental were really redundant. I found that Express for sale in April of 2020 just like you see it with Leupold 1.5x-5x scope and swivel studs. I know nothing of its history but whoever owned it, best I can tell, never shot it. The Browning rust preventative put on at the factory had hardened and was extremely difficult to remove. I've killed 8 deer with it and four African animals. Its got a quirk, though, that's a little embarrassing. It shoots the Over barrel 4" higher than the Under barrel...I don't like it but I solve it by shooting a 180 grain in the over barrel and a 150 in the under. The bullets will almost touch at 100 yards. I use Federal Premium 150s with their nickle-plated cases and Nosler brass for the 180s so it's easy to keep the bullets in the right place. As long as I feed it properly, it's deadly accurate with both barrels.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]