Originally Posted by 1916XE
....The problem with blanket carry law is that people will carry firearms that should not
be allowed to carry- due to lack of training requirements or criminal records-under state law. That and the Tombstone, AZ. mentality of everyone carrying firearms, all the time....

The Western inter-mountain states seem to have less violence, according to FBI statistics....
There are some parts of the country that start from the mindset that the majority of people are law abiding, and not that every hand gun is a crime waiting to happen. True, criminals are criminals, regardless.

In the area I do most of my hunting over the last fifteenish years, even if it is not so, it is a safe assuption that every person, vehicle and residence has a gun handy. There is even a sign on the local wallymart door that says, please refrain from open carry. There is zero brandish and wild west mentality. I've seen large bear a good way off, and mountain lion fairly close, but the pistol has never found it's way out. So far, it's just critters being critters, as well as the criminals generally keeping their losera$$es to themselves. But, demtown USA, no thanks.

Gun or no gun, there are places I will not go, as well as situations that I would not wander into. I find four wheel drive handy at times, and I'll leave the pith helmets to the fibbingprogressive.