Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Yes, I was asking you, BrentD. I couldn't repeat more than three quotes.

Jimmy, there is a way to put as many quotes as you want in a post. I often do it this way as opposed to clicking on the "Quote" box at the bottom right of the person's post. Especially if I want to extract one line or two from a lengthy post to quote, as I just did from your post above. What you do is to precede the beginning of the line you want to quote with what you see in the pic I'm including. I couldn't type it out for you in text because the computer automatically puts it in a "quote box" if I do. So, I took a pic of the screen showing you how to type it out.

You must be very careful to quote the person exactly or you may be accused of intentionally mis-representing what the person posted. I highlight the quote, then copy it, then paste it in my reply, to prevent errors in quoting. Hope the screen shot explains what I mean.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Why ever do it this way when all you have to do is click on the "QUOTE" box? Because, it's much quicker than clicking on it, then deleting all the extraneous parts of a lengthy post that aren't related to your reply. Way, way quicker. In my Quick Reply box you can see how it works when done properly. In the Preview box just below it you can see how it will post a "quote" that isn't really a quote, if you aren't careful.
Okay. Thanks for the advice.