Originally Posted by bushveld
Back in 1999 I videoed much of his lecture at Murray State College and have it on a VHS video--all in the clear voice and humor of his own. If there is a reader here who is capable of taking this video and downloading it to modern video format I would like to know about it so that I can then have it to give to others at only the cost occurred in making the copy. This video shows Jack's famous flaming linseed oil soaked T shirt wrapped bun buttstock bending as well as some of the "tales" of the Birmingham gun trade---Jack did not suffer the under-educated easily.

Unfortunately, I never met Len.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell

Stephen, There are several ways you could accomplish transferring this VHS tape to a digital format. You can purchase the equipment to do it yourself at a relatively modest cost, and then burn DVD's. Or you could use a service that does it. The Photo dept. at your local WalMart will transfer VHS to a DVD or a USB stick for $12.99, and I would imagine that additional copies get even cheaper. Legacybox is currently running a 60% off Christmas promotion doing transfers for $7.99. There are numerous other services that do this that can be found on a Google search. Several years ago, my sister had the old 8mm home movies my parents took converted to DVD's for a fairly nominal cost, and gifted a copy to each sibling.

In any event, you might want to convert at least one copy for yourself since VHS tapes deteriorate over time. Even the most common digital storage mediums can become corrupted and unplayable over time, so storing an additional copy as a file on your PC is a good idea too. I learned this the hard way with some photos I had stored on old USB sticks. But fortunately nothing too important, and not as bad as losing the information about how the ancients built the pyramids. Cloud storage on Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive is also extra insurance against loss.

Once the video is converted to a digital format, you could sell copies as you suggest, or even upload it to create a YouTube video, just as Midway did.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.