Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
That is my story too,..

More than you know, Stan. Our granddaughter is 6 and lives a few minutes away. I totally relate to the “blessing” part. I see her several days a week.

Plus, my aunt is 97 and still doing pretty well even though she’s in a nursing home. Is she ever grateful that she lived to see another girl. I’m also a very proud Dad because every year our son and wife take a weeks’ vacation to take that little gal (and her two brothers) to visit her out of state.

Our two boys kept up the family tradition and we have four grandsons but a little granddaughter is, well, as you said, “precious.”

Now, as for you, Lloyd, we haven’t really forgotten you or your quest for nirvana (and we assumed you were referring to the popular conception of nirvana and not the Buddhist one.) This little OT side conversation plus the voices of both wisdom and experience that have weighed in here are actually all together pointing you to the right state to choose. And you’ve probably already figured it out. It’s not a state - it’s a state of mind.

As you recuperate and contemplate, you may find that you’ve already arrived.

Last edited by FallCreekFan; 01/13/24 07:12 PM.

Speude Bradeos