Ah, 1879 per the thread below:

>>.....I think it was in 1871 or 1877 as I've gotten my dates crossed but surely in the 1870s, SD&G had a satellite office at No. 65 Weaman Street, Birmingham and that seems to be the address of Tolley. Schoverling & Daly were involved in several import/retail houses and just like the tale that Charles Daly spun on the stand in the early 1890s(A. Schovering possibly would have been in the hot seat but he was on holiday in Germany where he expired) it seems that components were being imported as follows as all along with others were listed as agents of Schoverling & Daly:
Tubes to William R. Schaefer was located 61 Elm Street, Boston, Massachusetts;
Locks & Traps to Thomas L. Golcher 116 West Girard Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania(Joseph Jakob was also in Philly);
& Stocks/wood to Schoverling & Daly in New York. This would explain how all those similar components landed up on American assembled sporting weapons from the period. Now the possibility exists there were other import houses but these were Schoverling & Daly agents in the cities where the imports arrived. Schoverling & Daly advertised the "Daly Gun" as an import gun but then when the import tariffs were imposed the "Daly Gun" was a homegrown sporting weapon. Then in 1879 bicycle peddler Joseph Gales was added to the management.<<
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=641393#Post641393

Serbus,

Raimey
rse