I'll wade into this, I have a soft spot for combo guns and drillings, and I use them a lot. I'm a predator hunter and there is nothing better when you're calling in the thicker stuff. Coyotes can sneak in to some very close ranges before you see them, they can use brush and creases in the land to suddenly appear at your feet. Having a shotgun barrel loaded with NP BB's is really handy, then again they will hang up outside of shotgun range and survey the situation and the rifle barrel will do the trick.

My favorite drilling for preds is a 1926 no name drilling in 16ga/16ga/6.5x58R Sauer with a low mounted 1-4x20 scope and handles like lightning. I've killed more than one pheasant on the way back from a stand. Inside 40 yards an ounce of BB's will get the job done, no need for heavy loads of buckshot as the rifle barrel is there for the longer work.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

No slouch in the accuracy department either.

Get in a little more open country where you can stretch out the rifle yet having a shotgun is really handy and you don't have to reach down and change weapons, the rifle is just a different trigger away.
BRNO 12ga/5.6x52R(22 Sav. Highpower) 55gr .228 bullets are availible.

Again more than adequate for 300 yard preds.

Another dandy combo Bernardelli 12ga/5.6x50R Mag

Continued below

Last edited by oskar; 02/05/24 12:00 AM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.