June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (AGS, Jtplumb, prairie ghost, rocky mtn bill, 2 invisible), 323 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,612
Posts546,983
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
canvasback #641936 02/06/24 10:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
People keep forgetting that the North and South poles are melting. When they are reminded of that fact, it is not hard to see who is brainwashed to that fact and they try to make up excuse. Global warming is not man made and yet NASA is continually taking images of the earth aglow. Not man made - 88% of the forest fires in the US are caused by humans. Humans are burning the amazon to turn it into farm land. Europe is constantly on fire somewhere. China doesn't care about pollution and ignore the fact that their population has to where masks in order for them to breathe. The world population in 1950 was 2.5 billion and today it is over 8 billion. So you have that many more people driving cars, using air conditioners, causing factory pollution and carbon monoxide in the air burning a hole in the ozone. And you have people try to say that global warming is not man-made. They can drill down into the polar ice and pull up the ice that has kept the history of the world. And never before has our pollution been as bad as it is now. And yet people say it is not man-made. You keep hearing the terms-"never before", " an all time record", never in history" when we hear about catastrophes. Yet people blow it off and ignore it. Go to Alaska and the pine beetles are destroying millions of acres of trees because their life cycles has been changed to longer periods, yet the uneducated say there is no global warming. Methane gas is coming up from the permafrost through the ice and you can light it with a cigarette lighter, because it is melting. So, yes, this generation is responsible for all of this. Yet these same people are also complaining because global warming has caused people to flee their homes and travel a 1000 miles to the US and Europe because their water is contaminated and their children are starving. And yet, you have people like John Roberts accusing me of not having compassion for someone else. I worked with a guy once who claimed to be a devout Christian. When the topic got to the hole in the ozone one day he said, "The Christians have proved that the hole in the ozone has been there since God created the earth. GOD punched that hole in the ozone, so that he could get up and down from heaven to earth on his ladder." That is the IQ of someone who disputes global warming. I pray for people like that. I pray that when God decides whose house he wants to be moved into the next state via a hurricane or tornado, it won't be mine. 😆

Jimmy, people say "never before" because they are thinking about the last 120 years. According to science the earth is 4.5 billion years old. And for that entire time the average temperature of the earth has fluctuated.

There is no hard, irrefutable evidence that says the current slight rise in temps is man made. There just isn't. And the climate change hucksters have literally been caught lying about their facts several times. Temps went up and down over the last 1000 years. Ever hear of The Little ice Age. Man wasn't doing anything that sudden caused the temps to drop in 1350. Nor the rise in temps in the mid 1800. Ever check the amount of carbon spilled into the atmosphere by volcanic eruptions? The polar ice caps grow and shrink. IIRC last winter was one of the biggest for polar ice cap growth on record. Oh and as an aside.....the polar bear population is bigger now that it has likely been in your lifetime. Hole in the ozone? We stopped using CFCs and the hole repaired itself. The great barreier reef had the largest new growth spurt ever recorded recently.

Where are the rising ocean levels if the caps are melting. And if some of the things that are going on, like pine beetle infestations, are the result of a change in climate, who the hell are we to say that's wrong. You don't see any dinosaurs around do you? Things change. This entire thing is about a financial grift and political control by non elected entities.

Remember the Club of Rome in the late 1960s and early 1970s? OMG We will overpopulate the world and run out of food by the year 2000. How did that go???

The biggest problem with the climate change religion is it take our eyes off the pollution issues and deforestation/habitat destruction that we should really be focused on. Like the fact that in 450 years we have removed over 90% of life from the oceans. Or that there are plastics everywhere.
Just about everything you said is incorrect or inaccurate, or only partly accurate. As I said earlier, scientist can drill down into the ice in places like Anartica, Netherlands and US and bring up ice core samples and through the water molecules, measure past temperatures, greenhouse gases, etc. back through several centuries. Not just 120 years. So it is not a guessing game. In fact they can measure temperatures clear back through the past 3 ice ages, if I remember correctly........... You need to read a little more about the pine beetles. The forestry in Alaska is centuries old and have declined only in the past few decades because of the earth's warming. In Alaska the permafrost is melting so badly that pockets of methane gas are coming to the earth's surface of the ice and when the bubbles break, it continues to go up into the atmosphere. People are drilling into the ice only inches down and lighting the methane with cigarette type lighters......... The coral reefs around the world are dangerously declining. The Great Barrier Reef you mentioned only increased in the past year or so and is still quite iffy............. You need to read a bit more about the earth's ozone layer. The ozone above the Antarctic won't return to 1980 levels until around 2066 and above the Artic in 2045 as long as it continues to heal the way it is now.......... According to Steve Amstrap Chief Scientists for Polar Bears says that populations HAVE NOT GROWN. There were only more polar bears than they previously thought. Other experts/scientists say the population has not increased, but their ability to track them has. Dinosaurs?? Yes, things do change. And global warming is doing the changing.

Lloyd3 #641937 02/06/24 11:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ol’ Ed, showing us his highest and best use.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Lloyd3 #641938 02/06/24 11:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What you and so many are failing to understand, JimmyW, is that these cycles have been occurring since creation. Ya' think the "scientists" following Noah had a theory that some sort of man-made climate change was responsible for the great flood that destroyed all of mankind except for Noah and his wife, and their three sons and their wives? Or, do you boo-hoo that account in the Bible, even though overwhelming geologic evidence exists that the great flood actually occurred? All those peoples who died due to their own wickedness, and who had heard Noah preaching repentance while he labored building that ark for 120 years, must have had a sad but brief realization that they were wrong, and that there really was a Creator who demanded obedience from them above their own self-centeredness. Self centeredness was at the core of the cause for that flood, and is at the core of humanism today.

Here's the essence of the issue with humanists ...... (those are the people who believe that mankind is the ultimate being in the universe, and do not believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being .... God Almighty). Humanists easily convince themselves that every anomaly in nature, an anomaly being something that they cannot explain outside the belief of an omnipotent God, happens because of man and his actions. That is a critical error in analytical thought, but is the natural course of thought for an unbeliever, or one who places limits on the power of the Creator, the Almighty God.

The fact is that we are NOT in control. We do not set the course for civilization. We affect it, but only up to a point. We will not destroy the planet before the pre-determined end of the age, and we will not render it a place unfit for civilization outside of the will of God. That power is reserved for Him. When a person gets a proper perspective of their place in the order of things they come to understand just how unimportant they are in the ultimate order of time, but just how important they CAN be in the lives of those around them. And that, my friend, is a humbling perspective.

P.S. guys, better get said what you want to say. I predict this 'un will be locked soon. wink

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: John Roberts
Lloyd3 #641939 02/06/24 11:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The average amount of snow in my area should be 20-30 inches of snow per winter. 2022-2023-- 14.4".........2019-2020--11.2"..........2021-2022--13.3".........this year-- probably less than a foot so far. I don't know where you non-global warming believers have been, but I haven't shoveled my driveway ONCE this winter. LOL smile

Lloyd3 #641941 02/06/24 11:21 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy w the last glacial maximum 2.58 million to 11700 years ago to as much as 40 million years ago was a global warming event,methane gas is naturally formed the Sargasso of sea has massive methane blooms mismanagement of the forest has caused unbelievable damage in California,the earth warms naturally,call India and china and complain.P.S follow the money on global warming science.

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Lloyd3 #641943 02/06/24 11:36 PM
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The science is settled, 97 percent of scientist who are looking for government grants to study climate change agree.oh my God jimmy four years of anecdotal data it must be global warming

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
What you and so many are failing to understand, JimmyW, is that these cycles have been occurring since creation. Ya' think the "scientists" following Noah had a theory that some sort of man-made climate change was responsible for the great flood that destroyed all of mankind except for Noah and his wife, and their three sons and their wives? Or, do you boo-hoo that account in the Bible, even though overwhelming geologic evidence exists that the great flood actually occurred? All those peoples who died due to their own wickedness, and who had heard Noah preaching repentance while he labored building that ark for 120 years, must have had a sad but brief realization that they were wrong, and that there really was a Creator who demanded obedience from them above their own self-centeredness. Self centeredness was at the core of the cause for that flood, and is at the core of humanism today.

Here's the essence of the issue with humanists ...... (those are the people who believe that mankind is the ultimate being in the universe, and do not believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being .... God Almighty). Humanists easily convince themselves that every anomaly in nature, an anomaly being something that they cannot explain outside the belief of an omnipotent God, happens because of man and his actions. That is a critical error in analytical thought, but is the natural course of thought for an unbeliever, or one who places limits on the power of the Creator, the Almighty God.

The fact is that we are NOT in control. We do not set the course for civilization. We affect it, but only up to a point. We will not destroy the planet before the pre-determined end of the age, and we will not render it a place unfit for civilization outside of the will of God. That power is reserved for Him. When a person gets a proper perspective of their place in the order of things they come to understand just how unimportant they are in the ultimate order of time, but just how important they CAN be in the lives of those around them. And that, my friend, is a humbling perspective.
I don't know what exactly you are trying to say, but I believe we CAN help control global warming. The "healing" of the ozone is in reverse and is repairing itself, but it will take time. The main reason it is so hard to correct global warming is because of the world population. It has grown from 2.5 billion to 8 billion since 1950. At least we can try to correct the situation that we have created. I never cared that much for Al Gore, but isn't it odd that everything he told us the scientists predicted clear back in 2005 has come true and is only getting worse?

Lloyd3 #641946 02/06/24 11:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, that is just laughable. I'm sorry, but it is.

So predictable. Anything that might just possibly inconvenience those who are so self-centered in their ways, must be wrong, according to them. So it always is.

Today, after burning buckets of gasoline and choking down a grassed steak at Ole's (IYKYK) while watching the Snows and the Cranes, about 5 weeks early along the plate, I'm lounging in Western Nebraska, enroute to California to pick up a puppy. If you didn't think anthropogenic climate change (ACC for short) was for real, it will be by the time I get home. Yes, climate changes and always has. But never has it changed so fast with so much at stake, and so little ability to cope.

It amazes me what such self-centered people can convince themselves of, if it strikes at their lifestyle. But what's new? Humans said we could never cut down all the old trees, or catch all the cod, or shoot all the passenger pigeons and bison, etc. But here we are. And we found so many other ways to add to that toll even without our precious guns. All that CO2 and methane (remember the cows - I have posted a biomass graphic for terrestrial mammals in the past - stunningly depressing).

Did you know that one of the more interesting side effects of CO2 is that it fertilizes plants to the point that there is now about 2x as much biomass (where there are wild plants) than there used to be, preindustrial? Sounds good, eh? Sadly, there is not 2x as much nutrients in that vegetation. So there is a lot of it, but it is increasingly poor quality. So poor that many things (not subsidized cows of course), are having trouble eating enough to make it by. Animals far down the food chain are inarguably (for rational folk, not some of you irrats) are declining. Things like insects and other arthropods, birds, etc. This could be as much from having a tough time choking down enough grub to reproduce sufficiently, to the more traditionally suspected and indubitably guilty, pesticides, pestilence, drought, heat, habitat loss, etc.

The bottom line is that long ago, we passed the point of no return, and it will become much grimmer before it gets better. If you have kids, their lives will be much more impacted than yours, but we see that already and it is not only climate. 8 billion people just won't float on this little bitty rock. They never will.

There is an ecological argument for the "burning down the house" mentality of you ACC deniers. But it is really weak, and really grim, and you really wouldn't like it. I am not nearly as optimistic as Jimmy, but I applaud him for it. It is not that we could not fix it, only that we WILL not fix it.

Carry on.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from cdn-images-1.medium.com]

here is a graph of co2 levels and temperatures for 600 million years, please show me the correlation

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It has changed so fast before the ice receded stating 11000 years ago at the end of the glacial maximum it receded in hundreds of years not thousands .I just looked at the snow fall historically for where I live data starts in 1892 zero snow then two to four feet then in 1896 over 100 inches then in1926 18 years with no snow this is weather the snow fall is random at best.we can't survive with out co2

1 member likes this: Licensed to kill
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.