September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (David Williamson, Hammergun, battle, Kip, jake van dyke, desullivan), 476 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,929
Posts550,817
Members14,459
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Jimmy
I never cared that much for Al Gore, but isn't it odd that everything he told us the scientists predicted clear back in 2005 has come true and is only getting worse?

You have definitely drunk the Kool-Aid. In a Dec. 14, 2009, speech at the Copenhagen Climate Conference, Gore (same fella that invented the internet, remember) suggested the possibility of the Arctic losing some or all of its ice in the summer months within five to seven years, citing researchers associated with the Naval Postgraduate School.

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. (Wieslav) Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years."

All this BS is based on models. Remember the old computer operational saying, GIGO? I can create a model that will predict anything I want it to if I feed it the right "data".
Fact is, it hasn't melted Al, and JimmyW, not even during the summer months. And this is after twice the number of years Maslowski gave it to happen.
so you were saying the North and South Pole are not melting? Where have you been?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
brentD you need to read the effect on c3 c4 grasses co2 causes loss of protein in c3 and no change in c4 .good luck with your new puppy

Almost all hay and graze grass is c3. C4, in general, is lower quality forage from the git go.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
Jimmy, you say the poles are melting, I would assume that includes Greenland. I've included a link to an aviation website. There is a story from 2018 about some people finding a warplane that landed on the ice in Greenland in 1942. If the ice is melting, how did that plane end up under 340 feet of ice in just 80 years?

[img]https://www.avweb.com/news/lost-wwii-plane-found-in-greenland/[/img]
If you read about Greenland, they thought it could melt in the future, clear back in 2005. What Al Gore said was-"IF either the south pole OR the Netherlands would melt, the oceans will rise." So far, the south pole, like the north pole is melting,, and the Netherlands is in danger of going under water. But, I don’t believe the Netherlands are actually melting. Greenland IS NOT considered to be the North or South pole.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/07/24 09:43 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
Brent, if I gave you a year, say, 4,789,000 BC, could you , or some other professor tell me with any certainty what the global temperature was? If not, how many years before and after that date would you need to give a truly accurate temperature estimate?
Now you are being absurd. That is the tactic that non- believers use.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
The average amount of snow in my area should be 20-30 inches of snow per winter. 2022-2023-- 14.4".........2019-2020--11.2"..........2021-2022--13.3".........this year-- probably less than a foot so far. I don't know where you non-global warming believers have been, but I haven't shoveled my driveway ONCE this winter. LOL smile

Have you ever heard of El Nino? We are having one this winter.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
People keep forgetting that the North and South poles are melting. When they are reminded of that fact, it is not hard to see who is brainwashed to that fact and they try to make up excuse. Global warming is not man made and yet NASA is continually taking images of the earth aglow. Not man made - 88% of the forest fires in the US are caused by humans. Humans are burning the amazon to turn it into farm land. Europe is constantly on fire somewhere. China doesn't care about pollution and ignore the fact that their population has to where masks in order for them to breathe. The world population in 1950 was 2.5 billion and today it is over 8 billion. So you have that many more people driving cars, using air conditioners, causing factory pollution and carbon monoxide in the air burning a hole in the ozone. And you have people try to say that global warming is not man-made. They can drill down into the polar ice and pull up the ice that has kept the history of the world. And never before has our pollution been as bad as it is now. And yet people say it is not man-made. You keep hearing the terms-"never before", " an all time record", never in history" when we hear about catastrophes. Yet people blow it off and ignore it. Go to Alaska and the pine beetles are destroying millions of acres of trees because their life cycles has been changed to longer periods, yet the uneducated say there is no global warming. Methane gas is coming up from the permafrost through the ice and you can light it with a cigarette lighter, because it is melting. So, yes, this generation is responsible for all of this. Yet these same people are also complaining because global warming has caused people to flee their homes and travel a 1000 miles to the US and Europe because their water is contaminated and their children are starving. And yet, you have people like John Roberts accusing me of not having compassion for someone else. I worked with a guy once who claimed to be a devout Christian. When the topic got to the hole in the ozone one day he said, "The Christians have proved that the hole in the ozone has been there since God created the earth. GOD punched that hole in the ozone, so that he could get up and down from heaven to earth on his ladder." That is the IQ of someone who disputes global warming. I pray for people like that. I pray that when God decides whose house he wants to be moved into the next state via a hurricane or tornado, it won't be mine. 😆

Jimmy, people say "never before" because they are thinking about the last 120 years. According to science the earth is 4.5 billion years old. And for that entire time the average temperature of the earth has fluctuated.

There is no hard, irrefutable evidence that says the current slight rise in temps is man made. There just isn't. And the climate change hucksters have literally been caught lying about their facts several times. Temps went up and down over the last 1000 years. Ever hear of The Little ice Age. Man wasn't doing anything that sudden caused the temps to drop in 1350. Nor the rise in temps in the mid 1800. Ever check the amount of carbon spilled into the atmosphere by volcanic eruptions? The polar ice caps grow and shrink. IIRC last winter was one of the biggest for polar ice cap growth on record. Oh and as an aside.....the polar bear population is bigger now that it has likely been in your lifetime. Hole in the ozone? We stopped using CFCs and the hole repaired itself. The great barreier reef had the largest new growth spurt ever recorded recently.

Where are the rising ocean levels if the caps are melting. And if some of the things that are going on, like pine beetle infestations, are the result of a change in climate, who the hell are we to say that's wrong. You don't see any dinosaurs around do you? Things change. This entire thing is about a financial grift and political control by non elected entities.

Remember the Club of Rome in the late 1960s and early 1970s? OMG We will overpopulate the world and run out of food by the year 2000. How did that go???

The biggest problem with the climate change religion is it take our eyes off the pollution issues and deforestation/habitat destruction that we should really be focused on. Like the fact that in 450 years we have removed over 90% of life from the oceans. Or that there are plastics everywhere.
Just about everything you said is incorrect or inaccurate, or only partly accurate. As I said earlier, scientist can drill down into the ice in places like Anartica, Netherlands and US and bring up ice core samples and through the water molecules, measure past temperatures, greenhouse gases, etc. back through several centuries. Not just 120 years. So it is not a guessing game. In fact they can measure temperatures clear back through the past 3 ice ages, if I remember correctly........... You need to read a little more about the pine beetles. The forestry in Alaska is centuries old and have declined only in the past few decades because of the earth's warming. In Alaska the permafrost is melting so badly that pockets of methane gas are coming to the earth's surface of the ice and when the bubbles break, it continues to go up into the atmosphere. People are drilling into the ice only inches down and lighting the methane with cigarette type lighters......... The coral reefs around the world are dangerously declining. The Great Barrier Reef you mentioned only increased in the past year or so and is still quite iffy............. You need to read a bit more about the earth's ozone layer. The ozone above the Antarctic won't return to 1980 levels until around 2066 and above the Artic in 2045 as long as it continues to heal the way it is now.......... According to Steve Amstrap Chief Scientists for Polar Bears says that populations HAVE NOT GROWN. There were only more polar bears than they previously thought. Other experts/scientists say the population has not increased, but their ability to track them has. Dinosaurs?? Yes, things do change. And global warming is doing the changing.

Jimmy, nothing I said is wrong. Nothing! And when you admonish us to go have another look at Al Gore's movie, you vastly undermine your position because that whole movie has been thoroughly debunked. In fact, when you reference the movie as a source for your beliefs (because that's what they are, beliefs not backed up by anything) it suggests pretty strongly a man utterly taken in.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: John Roberts, Licensed to kill
Sidelock
Sidelock

so you were saying the North and South Pole are not melting? Where have you been?
Just because we repeat things, doesn't turn it into fact. Ask the prof, he reads what he wants to read, and he absorbs what he wants to absorb. So what right? Then, he teaches it to mushy minds, turning the next generation into emotional servants, not people whose science stands the test of time.

1 member likes this: keith
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

C3 c4 are the common and standard grasses c02 is not harming them without co2 they die so do we.the issue is what can we do about China and India

Sidelock
Sidelock

Al Gore and John Kerry are two of the worst menaces to society extant. Dangerous nutballs from hell.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.