Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by L.Brown
Only full time employed by the spooks for 5 years, straight out of college. Went back to get an M.A, reenlisted in the Army Reserve (Military Intelligence unit). Had a full time summer job teaching intelligence subjects, which fit perfectly with teaching French the rest of the year. "Full time" teaching in college had the benefit of allowing me to do a lot of close to home pheasant hunting in Iowa, late 80's to early 2000's, when we had a lot of birds. One year I was full time, but spring semester only, which was perfect. Gave me time to do more out of state hunting in the fall. Eventually became what a fellow MI officer referred to as "a military gentleman", taking on as many relatively short tours of active duty as I could. Plus continuing outdoor writing, which I've now pretty much given up.

I was never going to become rich, but it gave me the opportunity to continue to serve in the military while still getting in a lot of bird hunting. If I had it all to do over, I don't think I would change anything.

Odd ....... a farmer being more concerned with it than former professors, but there it is.

Have a good one. Stan

I see that I am living large in your head this morning. Your (just to annoy you) hoot... smile

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]