Originally Posted by Jimmy W
You did better than I did. My first round of trap I broke 12. And stumbled along for several weeks. Skeet was even harder for me.

No, I did not do better than you did. My first round, I maybe broke eight, and I was as happy as a clam. Might have broken twelve or thirteen my last two rounds that day. As I said, I was maybe breaking half of 'em at the end, which astonished me. I need to have a quiet word with your high school mathematics teacher, sir.

But, yeah, Skeet. Going from Trap to Skeet, for me, was like going from go-karts to Formula One. My eyes watered, my first two rounds. In a good way. Because I was thinking, 'Okay, this is unpossible. But. Other people can hit these. I oughta be able to. Oh, and this is fun!'

I ain't shot Skeet often, and I'm still happy if I break more than half. The Superposed Lightning Skeet with those goofy Carl Barks dollar-sign choke-marks on its flats I bought this past autumn told me I can probably do even better.

Blowing-up porcelain penguins is fun. Blowing-up porcelain penguins with a shotgun I like and trust is even more fun. I think I'll be keeping the Superposed, too.