Originally Posted by 12boreman
I have completely restored 4 damascus barrel shotguns over the last 20 years. I know the anxiety, the time required, and the eventual dollar cost. That is why I swore 7 years ago I would never do another....but then I bought a Purdey that deserved to be put back in service. So, here I go with restoration number 5. It's a bar in wood gun and I couldn't leave it in the sad state it was in. There is a lot of worry when your barrels are a 1000 miles away with one gunsmith and then the stock is 600 miles away with another, then the action is sent to someone for case hardening, etc, etc. Will all the various components make it back home? Will the barrels get lost in the mail? Will the stock get damaged in shipping? Luckily, I have received everything back in good order and the projects for the most part turned out great. I had one case color hardening job that in my opinion was sub standard but I left it be. I must say that going into the gunroom brings an immense sense of satisfaction when you can behold a beautiful double with browned damascus barrels and spectacular wood that you have taken afield and made many memories with. So this will definitely be last one....or will it? I swear never again!

12boreman,
If it's at all possible for you to take the time and effort, I would greatly appreciate, as I know many others hear will as well, a summation on these pieces as well as some photos if possible. Thanks!
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.