Kutter's analysis (as is always on anything he comments about) should be accepted. I have found these rifles to be extremely accurate and of course one of the most smooth bolt actions ever built. The double set trigger is superb and can be adjusted to your preference. The custom work on your rifle is a rare find especially its condition after all these years. I notice that your rifle does not have the swing away scope mount that pivots from the front and swings away from a "gate" on the rear of the action. The swing away mounts were made available here in the USA and I have seen them poorly installed with scope not aligned with barrel bore by USA gunsmiths, so your scope mounting is likely a plus for accuracy concerns. Your scope mounting may be factory, I do not know and am interested in what Kutter thinks in this regard. Also since Kutter is such an excellent engraver and expert on same what he thinks as to the origin of the engraving--factory or not--I suspect the rifle is all factory work.

Once again you are a very lucky owner. As to the buttplate they can be found and fitted, although you should consider a 1/2 inch thick leather covered recoil pad for your comfort.

Kind Regards;
Stephen Howell