Originally Posted by Bill Graham
Originally Posted by RARiddell
Bill still has a set of Parker barrels had them for about a year now. Hopefully this year he’ll get to them.
He will! Got behind. Sincerely sorry about that. Always looking for economies of scale to improve.

Admittedly, when making this my sole occupation, I failed to grasp how much I could realistically do by myself. With damascus in particular, they are all different in how they respond to the process, leaky ribs to deal with, etc. Difficult to predict required time to get desired outcome.

Trying to catch up, and when I do, I’ll be taking much less work so that throughput is increased significantly.

It takes time to learn to manage workflow, especially as the services that you offer change to meet changing demand. Same goes for learning when to say no, even when I am taking work I turn down 95% of the jobs offered to me because they do not fit into my work schedule. I have a few in the shop I should not have ever accepted, working hard to get those out and even harder to not let myself get talked into taking that kind of work in the future.

I'm reminded of the wise words of my accountant, he said to me once "There are a lot of disadvantages to being self-employed, you need to leverage the advantages to make it worthwhile" Setting my own schedule is one of the biggest advantages of working for myself, by keeping intake down I'm able to focus on the more profitable aspects of my business and spend more time doing what I love all the while keeping the client base happy. Finding the balance can be tricky but I feel I have been doing much better at it.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns