Well, you can get an AyA 4/53 Classic 28ga from Cabela's, right off the shelf, with 29" barrels and double triggers.

I have a 28ga Repro--absolutely love the gun. That being said, because of the limited number out there, I had to make a few compromises when I bought the gun. For example, I wanted the 28" barrels and straight grip (which my gun has), but I ended up with a BT forend (which I did not want, but which has worked out fine as far as shooting goes) and a SST. That gun is being worked on as we speak, because it doubles on occasion. There have been quite a few comments about the Parker SST being occasionally "problematic", usually just a question of cleaning, and I'm hoping that's all it is. But I thought very hard about that 2 barrel set Cabela's just sold--same configuration as mine, but with DT. However, that still would not have solved the other issue with the 28" barrels, which is extremely tight chokes. Mine were marked M/F, which was the only choice with 28" barrels--but actually miked out at something like 018/027, which is way beyond M/F in a 28ga--and not what you want for recreational skeet shooting, nor for grouse and woodcock hunting.

As for the Repro history, while no one knew Mr. Skeuse, everyone knew Winchester's joint Japanese venture, Olin-Kodensha. They made the 101 and the 23 before they made the Repros, and both those guns had good reputations. The 20ga RBL, on the other hand . . . there have been plenty of comments about problems with the guns, after long waits for delivery.