June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (LeFusil, 1 invisible), 339 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,610
Posts546,963
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

are all two barrel sets the same gauge with different choking?

twopiper
Sidelock
Sidelock

There were a very few sets of .410/28 bi-gauge sets built and somewhere between 150 and 500 sets of 20/16 bi-gauge sets built. These 20/16 bi-gauge sets had the 16 gauge barrels manufactured by Krieghoff in Germany. Any chokings could special ordered.

As far as the same gauge two barrel sets these too, could be ordered custom choked, but generally the 26" bbls. usually IC/M or Q1/Q2 with 2 3/4" chambers and the 28" barrels usually M/F with 3" chambers. Any combination, vis-a-vis, barrel length (26" or 28") and choking could be custom ordered. There were also a few 30" 12-gauge guns built.

IMHO, I believe Parker Reproductions have collector value...particularly the 28-gauges.

Last edited by bamboozler; 11/01/07 10:14 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore,

What you said, but with 4x wood like my 20-gauge. My order was probably an hour later then it could have been as I pondered whether to get the 28-inch barrels to match the 20-gauge or go for the long barrels. Finally decided after all the times we asked Tony about long barrels for smallbores I better do it.

Dave

Last edited by Researcher; 11/01/07 10:24 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I vote Parker Repro, but then I have a two barrel set and have never held/seen a RBL. But from the internet pics alone, I still think the Parker Repro in a 28ga is just more pleasing to behold. I'd go for this one over a RBL if I were in the market .....
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conten..._parker_boi.jsp

Sidelock
Sidelock

Murph, I am going to have to get one of these damned things to go with the twenty. I really would consider Dave's notion with regard to wood. Had Tony put 4x American on my RBL and it is spectacular by any measure. And I am thinking 30 inch tubes will make this new thing look and feel like a rapier.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Markel
I vote Parker Repro, but then I have a two barrel set and have never held/seen a RBL. But from the internet pics alone, I still think the Parker Repro in a 28ga is just more pleasing to behold. I'd go for this one over a RBL if I were in the market .....
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conten..._parker_boi.jsp

So would I, if it had 30" barrels and two triggers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, you can get an AyA 4/53 Classic 28ga from Cabela's, right off the shelf, with 29" barrels and double triggers.

I have a 28ga Repro--absolutely love the gun. That being said, because of the limited number out there, I had to make a few compromises when I bought the gun. For example, I wanted the 28" barrels and straight grip (which my gun has), but I ended up with a BT forend (which I did not want, but which has worked out fine as far as shooting goes) and a SST. That gun is being worked on as we speak, because it doubles on occasion. There have been quite a few comments about the Parker SST being occasionally "problematic", usually just a question of cleaning, and I'm hoping that's all it is. But I thought very hard about that 2 barrel set Cabela's just sold--same configuration as mine, but with DT. However, that still would not have solved the other issue with the 28" barrels, which is extremely tight chokes. Mine were marked M/F, which was the only choice with 28" barrels--but actually miked out at something like 018/027, which is way beyond M/F in a 28ga--and not what you want for recreational skeet shooting, nor for grouse and woodcock hunting.

As for the Repro history, while no one knew Mr. Skeuse, everyone knew Winchester's joint Japanese venture, Olin-Kodensha. They made the 101 and the 23 before they made the Repros, and both those guns had good reputations. The 20ga RBL, on the other hand . . . there have been plenty of comments about problems with the guns, after long waits for delivery.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OH boy, 30" barrels!!!!! A highly significant reason to make or break a deal!

If a 28ga. Parker Repro with double triggers is available, one better not "wring one's hands" about the barrel lenght, forearm shape or choke combo. LIVE WITH IT.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've known Tony for more than thirty years, I didn't know what was going to happen with the Repros, Winchester connection or not. Tony has a great reputation for building his own over under, the Fox, the Model 21. So, someone ordered an RBL, that was his first shotgun and it didn't get delivered by bird season. Give me a break. If I had ordered an RBL, I would have forgotten about it until I got notification of immenent delivery. If you don't think the 28 is going to fire when you pull the trigger, don't order one. No fuss, no muss.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Parker Reproductions are a copy of an American design. RBL's appear to be a copy of an Asian SKB product. My vote goes in favor of the Parker Repro.

Last edited by bamboozler; 11/02/07 09:52 AM.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.