Lloyd,
I’ve never seen your Spanish gun.

That said, the typical Yank double is getting very, very, old. My preference is toward guns that are less likely to need expensive gun smithing to keep running. That is not limited to American doubles, by the way-I owned a project single trigger Holland that taught me a few hard and expensive lessons when I wore a younger man’s clothes. I own a very old Darne Halifax, but have few worries about it needing any work, it is built like a tank, and the design frustrates Murphy, greatly, in my experience. Ask Dustin.
It is a sad truth that the great majority of either Lefever or ‘Smith guns I have encountered were far enough gone to need some expensive work to make them usable again. Gun projects can be a rewarding pastime, but, I’m over that, mostly, and besides, I have other bad habits as well.
Do you want to hunt and shoot, or employ very talented men to see to your guns? Did you get in to your Elsie Scott free, or, not so much? I get it, nobody here is clamoring for the All Weather versions of the Ruger Red Label, Remington 1100 or 870, but somewhere between those and a design that some of the gun smiths I think highly of simply don’t bother with today, is probably a better place to be.

Best of luck.

Gratuitous photo of a trouble free for life gun. I don’t own one.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Best,
Ted