Originally Posted by Argo44
Original Blanch receipt for his Beringer purchase in Nov 1855 - the medals are interesting:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Also, not that it really matters for the story, but this invoice is not actually from Beringer, it is from Hippolyte Rochatte who calls himself Beringer's student and successor.
And based on the items in the invoice I am trying to guess what gun it may've been. Since they sold percussion caps with it and separate "priming tubes" I am thinking maybe the gun that they were advertising a lot around then such as one like this with the auxiliary chambers: https://www.aiolfi.com/vente/vente-.../armes-depaule/fusil-a-systeme-beringer/

There is a little metal piece you can put in to allow it to load as a muzzle loader too which they advertised:
[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

I think these guns would struggle with working with a pinfire cartridges as the pin would move around a lot in the larger hole in the barrel. I have a handful of various percussion chambers like this. Though for some reason I have never had the chance to buy a Beringer one.

Clock Guns, Pauly Guns, Pinfire Guns and Pinfire Cartridges