June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Southern Sport, JRAnderson), 302 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,619
Posts547,082
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Marks_21
Not trying to derail this thread ?

I agree this gun is in wonderful original condition but what do you have to smoke to profess this unfired? Trigger wear, cartridge circles (specifically primer rings ) on the standing breech.
Short of being sealed in an original box it’s a bold claim to begin with but photos sure don’t back it up in my opinion.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1049205196

I hate to spoil the party, but why are the screws all boogered up/ turned the wrong way? I'd say someone has had the gun apart. Hmmmmmm......

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by Marks_21
Not trying to derail this thread ?

I agree this gun is in wonderful original condition but what do you have to smoke to profess this unfired? Trigger wear, cartridge circles (specifically primer rings ) on the standing breech.
Short of being sealed in an original box it’s a bold claim to begin with but photos sure don’t back it up in my opinion.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1049205196

I hate to spoil the party, but why are the screws all boogered up/ turned the wrong way? I'd say someone has had the gun apart. Hmmmmmm......

I agree! The buggered screws are a dead giveaway that this isn't an unfired gun. The other item is the front trigger wear. The picture of it is poor but it almost looks like it's been welded for some reason. Nevertheless--Why would a front trigger have that much wear on a supposedly unfired gun?

The other interesting thing is this gun sold on GB a little over a week ago at over 7k and then showed back up a few days later with the same description. I'd sure ask the seller about what's up with that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trigger damaged and not refinished, wood chipped at various points, obviously refinished poorly, floorplate removed, ground on, and reinstalled poorly, breech face deeply scratched from a lifetime of forcing oversized shells into the gun, buttplate fitted with a hatchet, screws messed with, extractor polished, far from a $7000 gun. I hope the buyer got a problem free refund.

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK OK I will definitely eat crow on my “ wonderful original condition” statement. I took a 10 second look when it was $500 end. It was good enough to click watch. When I went back to check later, I saw the unfired statement in the title, and I was so blown away by that blatant error, I posted before I thought any further.
I guess I clearly knew the answer and didn’t need help figuring that out!!

Boxlock
Boxlock

I have been shooting a 20ga CSMC 21 for close to 20 years. It has been flawless and couldn’t be happier with it.

I have an RBL that did have issues firing the second barrel(single trigger), I sent it back to them, to quickly repaired and it has been flawless ever since.

I wouldn’t hesitate ordering a 21 from them exactly as you want one built. I may have them build me a Heavy Duck as my next toy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Guns may be the worst investments since muscle cars. Buy them, shoot them and make your money elsewhere.

1 member likes this: Ken Nelson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
Guns may be the worst investments since muscle cars. Buy them, shoot them and make your money elsewhere.

I paid $3750 for a 1967 442 25 years ago. Rust free California car that I restored while nursing a sore back. My total financial outlay has been under $10K, but, I can shoot paint, recover seats, overhaul an engine, front end, carb, alternator, etc. Driven it to weddings, funerals, short beer runs and miscellaneous for all these years, and, won’t loose a dime.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Wish my guns would do as well.

Best,
Ted

3 members like this: Ken Nelson, John Roberts, Jusanothajoe
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
[quote=KY Jon]

Best,
Ted

Quit buying Darnes...

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
[quote=KY Jon]

Best,
Ted

Quit buying Darnes...

Haven’t bought a Darne in a while. Have a few happy customers right here however. I got a thank you note and a gift from a guys wife with the last one I sold.

Actually, those guns have done just fine. But, not as good as the Olds has done, at the moment. $35-$55K seems to be par, on those.

You prepared for the bushel basket of money you will make on your Merkel?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
[quote=KY Jon]

Best,
Ted

Quit buying Darnes...

Haven’t bought a Darne in a while. Have a few happy customers right here however. I got a thank you note and a gift from a guys wife with the last one I sold.

Actually, those guns have done just fine. But, not as good as the Olds has done, at the moment. $35-$55K seems to be par, on those.

You prepared for the bushel basket of money you will make on your Merkel?

Best,
Ted

Oh yeah, the Merkel is my entire retirement plan, right there. smile

Actually, it seems to be worth more than it was new, but it's not for sale. It actually shoots both barrels to the same point, unlike your old Darne.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.