September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Replacement, Ken57, 4 invisible), 225 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,054
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As promised a thread on Franz Jäger to prevent from further corrupting threads like the Immanuel Meffert, etc.

Louis Nappworst in Braunschweig retailed Kipplauf by Franz Jäger

Nappworst is still in business today: https://www.knappworst.com/

Franz Jäger along with the DRP 2553 where the >>2553<< has nothing to do with the Patent and is more than likely a serial number. It is a Jäger - Simson marriage with a long hook but I am not sure which Jäger patent he is touting???? Maybe the hinger pin screw??

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

Adornment by Engraver Völker as a Modell Nr. 78.

Offered in kalibers from 6mm to 9,3mm along with Mantelgeschoßpatron 6,5X27 and 8X58 1/2( 2 grammes of Blättchenpulver). One interesting chambering noted was 8X57/369, which must be a typo??

More later when I have a few more minutes....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: Jtplumb
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

On one advert the kalibers were 9,3X72, 8X57/369(360?), 6,5X52, 5,6X35(Vierlingspatrone), 8,15X46(Schützenhülse), 22 lang und andere Patronen angefertigt, bei denen die Verschlußbeanspruchung, nicht stärker ist als bei den zuerst angeführten Patronen. Or other cartridges / chamberings whose pressure do not exceed the aforementioned.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Jäger Modell Nr. 78 passed thru the Suhl Proof Facility betwen 1912 & 1923 then once again in 1935, possibly for the Express proof? The burred ellipse with >>GG<< should prove an interesting mechanic chase.... 8,7 mm in the Final State on the 1st pass between 1912 & 1923 then 8,8 mm on the 1935 pass. Slightly bore a bit or miss-measurement??

Load Data of 12 grammes of a Copper Jacketed Bullet

Next, Ford & I moved on to the 8X57R/360-a favourite of mine.

A Ford Original....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
That is not an 8x57R (360), rather it is a mockup of an 8.2x57R Hagan (AKA 8X5R Express). The confusion is caused because I made the mockup using an original 8x57R (360) case. This confusion illustrates why I prefer to thin rims from the rear (removing headstamp) when thinning is required while case forming from different donor cases. FWIW, the 8.2 is a tapered case, while the 8X57R (360) has a necked case. My H.Pieper "Rationnel" with German proofed SXS combo barrels has a rifle barrel that slugs .318" at the muzzle end and .323" at the chamber end. At one time RWS or their predecessor made two different versions of this cartridge: one with a .318"bullet, and the other with a .323" bullet. Adding to the confusion, the gun was sold to me as an 8.15x46R (because it chambered an 8.15X46R cartridge) but it turned out to be 8.2X57R Hagan instead. The seller made it "right" w/o hesitation.
Mike

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No Ford I never said it was. You are not reading what I typed in black & white, overanalyzing, over-reaching, bordering on being pedantic, all in an attempt to find something wrong with a post offer a correction. That is what is an issue with these boards is that everyone wants to find something wrong with the previous post, belittle the previous poster & offer a correction all in the name of kickin' dirt in the previous poster's face, poke them in the eye in an attempt to use them as a stepping stone in this elevator of quciksand. Just human nature.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
You said we moved on to the 8X57R, a favorite of yours (mine too) and the very next photo shows the mockup of the 8.2X57R Hagan. What is anyone to think but the photo is of the 8x57R (360), there was no other explanation of the photo. I never did to you what you accused me of. I didn't say a word about you posting photos of my property without asking because it was fine with me since you started the thread to talk about the Jaeger instead of the Meffert. The only thing anyone could construe as an insult was that someone sold me a rifle, citing the wrong caliber, but even then, I said he made it right. Maybe you should read what you said about me, again, and decide If I would do that after the much-appreciated gift you brought me.
Mike,

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good looking rifle. Does it use a lifter or ejector for the case?

Sidelock
Sidelock

journeymen.
It uses a common extractor, not an ejector.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

prior to commenting, i want to state a disclaimer....it is not my intention or desire to high-hat anyone, or proudly lay claim to supreme knowledge - i have benefited immensely from my time haunting these pages, and have made efforts not to descend into the petty practices that seem to delight a number of the participants. those battles fought for such insignificant "honors", sometimes amuse me, but more often simply cause me the shake my head in amazement.

i wonder if the jager patent indicated is a single barrel version of the verschluss patent, that utilizes detachable side plates....which access an axle pin, with removable/replaceable bushings that provide the bearing surface for the hinge.
the photos show a telltale joint line, at the level of the water table - on the left side of the action....various examples provided from the link:

https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=20...BqMagCALACAA&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=ASTS

i close with a polite request that you guys put down the hatchets

best regards,
tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

graybeardtmm3,
Yes, I'm sure that is what the patent is for. As is shown in the photo above, the opening for the barrel lug is not centered. The "hinge pin" is not a common "Pin" at all it is (I believe) an axel (as you described) milled from the action, and is larger, thereby providing a larger wearing surface. I have a couple other Jager single shot tip up rifles that are not the same as this one. If not rare, I think single shots on this patent are uncommon.
Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.