September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Ian Forrester, NTaxiarchis, Ken57, azgreg, 2 invisible), 249 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,055
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

This little lively wand by Sebastain / Boštjan Borovnik Ferlach in 12 bore from 1946 of the British Period being just under 6 1/2 lbs arrived @ a local gunshop today.

Quite thin looking at the top of the frame??

Pins instead of Screws during the British Period, which is very very odd any other time.

>>Galand Nose<< or „Fermeture Liègeoise“(or Purdey Nose).

Very unique, and I for one would say rare, Ferlacher by Boštjan Borovnik. When the Germans invaded Austria in the Spring of 1938(March I think), they tried to force Ferlach makers to hire German mechanics. Boštjan Borovnik refused & refused being loyal to his roots and he received beating after beating until 1942 when the occupying Germans decided that Boštjan Borovnik wasn't going to break so they rounded up he, his son & to other kids along with his wife & sent them to a Work Camp. The occupying Brits released him in early 1945 and by July Boštjan Borovnik and his family was back in Ferlach where he, and his son, filed for reparations. His son was attending the Ferlacher Gunsmith School when they were rounded up & he filed and received some type of compenstation. Boštjan Borovnik lived till 1949 and this longarm was completed in 1946 for a British Officer, who would have purchased this @ a Collection / Selling Point in the centre of Ferlach.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: earlyriser
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I guess I should also show the straight-hand stock.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: Jtplumb
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A lot of these >>British Period<< Ferlachers are coming out of the woods now. I guess the original custodian has passed & the family is just giving them up because of lack of desire & money??

The Gem swings very lively & like a wand but I just haven't had time to shoot it w/ all the stuff I have ongoing like bridge monitoring, rail projects and all the typical rest....

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.