September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (WJW, azgreg, Karl Graebner, eddiel4, 1 invisible), 237 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,061
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pink camo?

2 members like this: keith, Ted Schefelbein
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Always good to see new folks getting into shotgun games.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
3 members like this: Jimmy W, craigd, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Always good to see new folks getting into shotgun games.

A hundred percent, and it could be their only exposure to guns as kids. Very impressionable minds, don't want to mislead them, do we.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Always best to set a good example Craig, although I have a feeling that your agenda and mine for those impressionable minds might not be the same. Unlike you, how they might vote is not something that I feel that I need to influence. Let them decide the issues themselves and focus on the guns, gun safety and fun would be my approach. I'll leave the politics to you culture warriors, I have other interests.

I miss Monkey Jim.
2 members like this: Jimmy W, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Always best to set a good example Craig, although I have a feeling that your agenda and mine for those impressionable minds might not be the same. Unlike you, how they might vote is not something that I feel that I need to influence. Let them decide the issues themselves and focus on the guns, gun safety and fun would be my approach. I'll leave the politics to you culture warriors, I have other interests.

It should be rather simple. One side wants to defend your rights to keep and bear arms and the other side will do their best to incrementally eliminate gun ownership. They have a tremendous amount of patience and will not stop until their goals are accomplished

2 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I simply see no need to politicize every interaction that I have, especially with kids. YMMV.

I miss Monkey Jim.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Originally Posted by SKB

It should be rather simple. One side wants to defend your rights to keep and bear arms and the other side will do their best to incrementally eliminate gun ownership. They have a tremendous amount of patience and will not stop until their goals are accomplished

One side wants to force their personal moralities while the other wants the freedom to do their own thing.

Why not just be happy they are shooting?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Might as well add my two cents to this one.

I am an Eagle Scout and enjoyed scouting from Cub Scouts all the way through.

However, within the framework of the Boy Scouts, there is great latitude in how troops are operated.

The first troop I was drafted into, was essentially a paramilitary organization.

Lots of marching, standing at attention etc., in preparation for all of us heading into the service. Everybody who ran the troop was from World War II or Korea, and that’s how they wanted to run their troop.

But it was the 1970s, and we were in the middle of an unpopular war. Most of the scouts wanted no part of all of that drilling and standing at attention or polishing their brass.

I just wanted to have fun. Go camping. Enjoy the outdoors.
Do some backpacking, grow my hair long, just like every other 1970s kid.
I moved on to another troop like many other Young people that left that troop and I began to collect stuff. So now I have an extensive collection of Boy Scout things going all the way back to before when scouts were created.

I am sure that the World War II and Korean War and early Vietnam war vets that were operating our troop felt they were molding all of us into leaders of men.

But the turnover rate probably told the true story.

If it’s not fun, kids don’t stay involved.

We never touched any guns until we got to summer camp and then those of us who like to shoot had a ball

The troop had strict rules on showering using the buddy system, so apparently by the early 1970s, there was systemic anxiety over homosexuality or child abuse.

I Spent months of my life with one of the best men that I have ever known, who was at a minimum a devout bachelor but who also certainly never laid a hand on me. Nowadays people would say he was probably closeted. And I am grateful for all that I learned from him.

Out there doing it best I can.
3 members like this: Jimmy W, old colonel, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Might as well add my two cents to this one.

I am an Eagle Scout and enjoyed scouting from Cub Scouts all the way through.

However, within the framework of the Boy Scouts, there is great latitude in how troops are operated.

The first troop I was drafted into, was essentially a paramilitary organization.

Lots of marching, standing at attention etc., in preparation for all of us heading into the service. Everybody who ran the troop was from World War II or Korea, and that’s how they wanted to run their troop...

I remember much the same, and in particular, a pair of recent Army vets who went camping with us using military gear. I distinctly remember commenting that their boots did not look all that durable, but they quickly responded that Uncle Sam would happily find them another pair as fast as they wore them out. Very interesting people.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB

I agree Steve. There are many who know what is right for others, and are only concerned with themselves.

Quick question, you are mentoring, and the curiosity based conversation keeps turning to black guns, even though you supply classics, antiques and ammo. How do you teach these children that they are wrong?

By the way, it is none of my business about how others choose to vote. Unless, they decide to share it, and I make the decision to comment about hypocrisies as I see them. Have you noticed, closet culture warriors always seem to jump at the chance to defend the cultural warriors of their choosing?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.