September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (WJW, azgreg, Karl Graebner, eddiel4, 1 invisible), 237 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,061
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#648712 07/07/24 08:46 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some of you that were bemoaning the demise of the Boy Scouts may be interested in a few observations that I have had in the last ten days here at the Whittington Center.

When I got here, there was a group of young people that were always wearing pink camo t-shirts. Some were girls some were not. They were getting instruction over the course of several days at trap skeet, 5-stand, and sporting clays. After several days, I finally passed them walking down the road and realized their t-shirts were emblazoned with Philmont Scout Ranch insignia. Obviously, there is some scouting activities coordinated with the NRA.

Today, we were up on the Blue Course shooting clays for fun, and a group of scouts headed to Philmont from Cleveland were coming out. We stopped to talk to one of the near-Eagle Scouts and his dad that had just experienced clay shooting for the first time. They were estatic about shooting shotguns. They were just hanging out at the center to acclimate to elevation for a few days before continuing to Philmont.

In any event, it looks like at least some scouts are getting into shooting. The end of scouting and life as we know it may not be imminent.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

3 members like this: 67galaxie, Parabola, Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a brave new world. Did you show them any of your classic single shots, and offer to give vot'in pointers?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nope. But I did hand them my Cashmore and let them swing it around a little bit and see what they thought about it. They were quite interested in gun fit because they thought it might be one of the reasons that they shot so poorly and got so bruised with the rented guns that they had. They were tall and thin people that certainly needed long LOPs.

We also directed them to the range where the 22 BPCRA national championships will begin tomorrow morning. We told them they would see the most amazing number of custom rifles anywhere on the planet.. I don't know if they went or not. But there were many people down there, sighting in and preparing for tomorrow's start of the matches.

What would you have done?

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof

Not assumed their genders? I mean, a Supreme Court Justice told us straight out she couldn’t figure that out, how can you?

Best,
Ted

__________________________________________________________________________________
I know a dude who has dementia and the nuclear football. Any way I can get the red flag laws to work on him?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our club supports the Boy Scouts in our area also. I don't see so many of them shooting, but they are always camping on our campgrounds and use it constantly. A couple of weeks ago there were 15 to 20 tents out on the campgrounds and it looks like they were all having a lot of fun. So good for them.

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein

Not assumed their genders? I mean, a Supreme Court Justice told us straight out she couldn’t figure that out, how can you?

Best,
Ted

__________________________________________________________________________________
I know a dude who has dementia and the nuclear football. Any way I can get the red flag laws to work on him?

You are such a jerk Ted. But, apparently, you are a woke jerk.

I did not ask your opinion, but you continue to never disappoint. Now, report back to Stanley.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

....What would you have done?

I already did it. Maybe one of those scouts will find you later and ask, a quick search shows your screen name votes lock step antigun, are you trying to trick us? What are you going to tell kids, jimmy made me do it, or bs them about, nope my stuff is exempt?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
....What would you have done?

I already did it. Maybe one of those scouts will find you later and ask, a quick search shows your screen name votes lock step antigun, are you trying to trick us? What are you going to tell kids, jimmy made me do it, or bs them about, nope my stuff is exempt?

You can connect my screen name to my voting record?

That is not even a good lie. Obviously you would have done nothing. Another keyboard coward.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

....You are such a jerk .... But, apparently, you are a woke jerk.

I did not ask your opinion, but you continue to never disappoint. Now, report back to Stanley.

Great opening for your merit badge lesson.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
....You are such a jerk .... But, apparently, you are a woke jerk.

Great opening for your merit badge lesson.

And here, you do even less.

What did Stan tell you to post?

Have you ANYTHING constructive to say? I thought not. Just pure negativity.

_________
=>/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.