For what it is worth, I have found that Pro Custom Oil is my favorite. I think a coat every other day is best to let it cure between coats if you have the time. After a dozen or more coats, a rub down with very fine quality wet or dry sandpaper using the pro custom oil as the oil for the wet part. Don't over do it. You get a deep satin finish which shows the natural grain of the wood.

It will not stand up like Waterlox. I used it on one of my stocks and it was hard to get a smooth coat. It did not smooth out like Pro Custom Oil. This was my first gun I checkered myself and found out it is not easy to learn to do it well even though it looks easy. This was a recheckering of a worn stock. All the lines were there. Years later I asked a friend who was/is an expert at checkering. I gave him the forearm and even with a carbide checkering took he could not get it to cut into the cured Waterlox. I never used it again although I see the toughness has value on a competition gun that is used a lot. After all, it is designed to be used on wood floors.

So many guns, so little time!