September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (jlb, azgreg, LRF, Licensed to kill, bushveld, craigd), 228 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,061
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In 2022, Chris Dorsey wrote this article about the next anti-hunting effort here in Colorado.

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/colorado-anti-hunting-measures/

Now 2 years later, it looks like the initiative will be on the ballot in November.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/colorado-mountain-lion-ban-ballot-initiative/

As the chair of the Colorado Wildlife Conservation Project said, “It’s asking for wildlife to be managed not by science but by emotion.”

It can be easy to say to ourselves, “I don’t hunt mountain lions.” (Or raise livestock, for that matter.). But ultimately the goal is the elimination of all hunting.

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

It clearly is.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Looks right up the alley of some here, who “weigh” their decisions on emotion. I wonder how the inner city, great outdoors summer camp is doing, out of sight, out on mind, money unaccounted for.

Policy by mob rule, I suppose a random fifty percent plus one vote, pushes this through.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Like I always say…..the antis play the incremental long game.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Imperdix
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is their modus operandi wherever they operate....death by a thousand cuts......

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

California banned mountain lion hunting over fifty years ago by a similar initiative but hunting all other game animals has remained unaffected. Over 260,000 hunting licenses were bought last year. Lion numbers are very difficult to study but estimates have been relatively stable since before the ban.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LGF
California banned mountain lion hunting over fifty years ago by a similar initiative but hunting all other game animals has remained unaffected. Over 260,000 hunting licenses were bought last year. Lion numbers are very difficult to study but estimates have been relatively stable since before the ban.

I wouldn't call selling 260,000 Hunting Licenses in a state with a population of nearly 39 million a success story. My state of Pennsylvania sells nearly a million Hunting licenses per year in a state with a population of just under 13 million. So that's a per capita rate of about 1 in 13 residents that buy a hunting license in Penna., compared to about 1 in 149 residents in Kalifornia. Do the math... Trust the Science!

Of course, we do have a much more pro-gun and pro-hunting culture here, compared to Kalifornia, where anti-2nd Amendment Liberal Left Democrats are always working very hard to suppress and/or eliminate those activities.

Several years ago, when my brother in law visited, and bought a Penna. non-resident tag to go deer hunting with me, he was amazed by the simplicity of Game Laws Regulation book he got when he bought the Penna. license. When he returned home, he sent me a much thicker Kalifornia Game Laws book. I was equally amazed and thought, holy crap, you need to take a Lawyer hunting with you to follow all of the regulations. And that was also before Kalifornia added even more costs and restrictions by banning lead ammunition.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome to democracy. Now, Colorado hunters get to see how badly they have alienated the non-hunting public.

In the meantime, I do not think Colorado elk hunting is threatened - at least not by anti-hunters.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Damn Colorado hunters . I’m sure there were no alienated liberals before they did whatever they did. It’s all the hunters fault. What a typical liberal reaction. Nothing is ever their fault , it’s all somebody else’s. That the liberals reaction to everything . No responsibility for anything, unless you a conservative of course. Just sickening

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Damn Colorado hunters . I’m sure there were no alienated liberals before they did whatever they did. It’s all the hunters fault. What a typical liberal reaction. Nothing is ever their fault , it’s all somebody else’s. That the liberals reaction to everything . No responsibility for anything, unless you a conservative of course. Just sickening

Of course, you deny responsibility for anything and everything you do not like. And that is why you will lose in the end. You burn bridges, not build them.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Welcome to democracy. Now, Colorado hunters get to see how badly they have alienated the non-hunting public.

In the meantime, I do not think Colorado elk hunting is threatened - at least not by anti-hunters.

What, exactly, have Colorado hunters done to alienate themselves?

And you honestly don't think the leftist governor and his leftist partner would outlaw elk hunting, if they could? And what does that have to do with the discussion about cat hunting?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA

And you honestly don't think the leftist governor and his leftist partner would outlaw elk hunting, if they could? And what does that have to do with the discussion about cat hunting?

prof is being cute, and sharing his concept of unity. Regardless of the occasional classic gun tales, it is so important to know who one might be squaded with, or on the next bench over at the rifle range. He will laugh at you or comfort you, while he gladly takes your guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

smile

Connect dots, or at least try to.

No, I do not think the Gov would try to outlaw elk hunting.

What have you done to win the war to protect hunting? Made any friends on the liberal side lately? Taken them hunting? Or just bitched about them?

A bunch of emotional cry babies here. Do something. Figure it out.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd

prof is being cute, and sharing his concept of unity. Regardless of the occasional classic gun tales, it is so important to know who one might be squaded with, or on the next bench over at the rifle range. He will laugh at you or comfort you, while he gladly takes your guns.

I'm going to take your guns? Really?

Craig, you might be dumber than The Fuse, if that is even possible.

What have you done in the war to protect gun rights? Taught any liberals to shoot? Recruited and welcomed any liberals into your local gun club? It is the only way you can win the war. But you only want to fight little battles for the joy of fighting, which you lose over and over. You have no conception of a plan to win, because you would rather fight than win.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

.....I'm going to take your guns? Really?

Craig, you might be dumber than The Fuse, if that is even possible.

What have you done in the war to protect gun rights? Taught any liberals to shoot? Recruited and welcomed any liberals into your local gun club? It is the only way you can win the war. But you only want to fight little battles for the joy of fighting, which you lose over and over. You have no conception of a plan to win, because you would rather fight than win.

Priceless prof, all you should take comfort in, is that I'm one eighty oppose to you.

Who are you voting for? Just kidding, it'll probably change this weekend. I would hope to have a teachable moment from such an esteemed educator, but I prefer to appreciate that you on the left, are not worth working with.

Sidelock
Sidelock

smile

Connect dots, or at least try to.

No, I do not think the Gov would try to outlaw elk hunting.

What have you done to win the war to protect hunting? Made any friends on the liberal side lately? Taken them hunting? Or just bitched about them?

A bunch of emotional cry babies here. Do something. Figure it out.

I'm not familiar with Colorado politics so I don't know which dots to follow.

The governor is married to a gay, vegan, animal activist and you don't think they would ban elk hunting? Really?

As far as converting people, should we follow your lead? After all, here on this forum, you've done an absolutely stellar job of making friends and winning people over to your point of view.

4 members like this: canvasback, Ted Schefelbein, keith, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nutty professor, I burn bridges? No need to. You and the lunatic left has moved your utopian leftist island so far to the left there is no bridge capable of spanning the two. I am at the same place politically as I have been my whole life , whereas the left never stops moving farther away.

What have you done lately?
This question highlights the difference between the left and the right. The right spends their life living it. The left spends their life in activism trying to force everyone to think like them and if they don’t trying to destroy them

2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s hard to believe Washington state allows cougar hunting, but CO may ban it.

WA cougar

Ken

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In Colorado, the general response to trying to speak scientific data and real life implications into these conversations (wolves first and now mountain lions) has been one of widespread disregard from those in the urban areas and among younger adults. Brent, your students may have been open to new information and positions counter to the ones that they already held (and I hope that that was the case) but my experience here has not been that. A recent lengthy correspondence with a newly minted BA (in May) ended with her disgusted and dismissive rant rather than any conversation or consideration of aspects that challenged the positions she’d been indoctrinated with. I will continue to talk to fellow Coloradans who hold different positions than I do regarding hunting but I think there is probably a more receptive demographic.

Yesterday I read that there are more than 10 million hunters and gun owners in our country who are not registered to vote. That is shocking to me. An example given was Georgia. In the last presidential election the state was decided by 11,779 votes. Georgia has 350,897 unregistered hunters and gun owners.

When hunters and gun owners across America were asked why they weren’t registered to vote, “… the theme was clear: defeated, apathetic conservative voters across the U.S. believe that elections are rigged, that their votes don’t count, and that voting doesn’t make a difference.”

I’d say we have some work to do and it would seem to me that its in fields that are ripe for harvest.

Speude Bradeos
3 members like this: David Williamson, keith, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by FallCreekFan
In Colorado, the general response to trying to speak scientific data and real life implications into these conversations (wolves first and now mountain lions) has been one of widespread disregard from those in the urban areas and among younger adults. Brent, your students may have been open to new information and positions counter to the ones that they already held (and I hope that that was the case) but my experience here has not been that. A recent lengthy correspondence with a newly minted BA (in May) ended with her disgusted and dismissive rant rather than any conversation or consideration of aspects that challenged the positions she’d been indoctrinated with. I will continue to talk to fellow Coloradans who hold different positions than I do regarding hunting but I think there is probably a more receptive demographic.

Yesterday I read that there are more than 10 million hunters and gun owners in our country who are not registered to vote. That is shocking to me. An example given was Georgia. In the last presidential election the state was decided by 11,779 votes. Georgia has 350,897 unregistered hunters and gun owners.

When hunters and gun owners across America were asked why they weren’t registered to vote, “… the theme was clear: defeated, apathetic conservative voters across the U.S. believe that elections are rigged, that their votes don’t count, and that voting doesn’t make a difference.”

I’d say we have some work to do and it would seem to me that its in fields that are ripe for harvest.

You were arguing with a BA? In what field? Obviously, not a science field, but, of course, BA votes count just as much as BS votes. Since I did not get to listen in on your conversation, I cannot say what/why she ranted dismissively. You might note that many on the right side of the field rant dismissively also. This forum being just one of many examples. Of course, this issue, like everything from riding a bike, to the color of a t-shirt has been made into a political issue and no one changes sides in politics any more. Your choice of words suggests that you too were ranting dismissively, so I would guess it was a draw for political reasons, vs. any other.

It is not just the apathetic conservatives that believe elections are rigged. The left has ample reason to believe the same. Esp. in Georgia where the Right tried so hard to install an alternative fact with regards to the election and that particular integer you cited. So it goes. But if we want to continue hunting, we are going to have to do better than we have done recently. Why don't you call that neuvoBA and invite her out for an early season duck or dove hunt?

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

....So it goes. But if we want to continue hunting, we are going to have to do better than we have done recently. Why don't you call that neuvoBA and invite her out for an early season duck or dove hunt?

Such a steaming pile of....good stuff prof. Zero science, all you need on the left is a position, and then assume others are obligated to reach across the aisle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....So it goes. But if we want to continue hunting, we are going to have to do better than we have done recently. Why don't you call that neuvoBA and invite her out for an early season duck or dove hunt?

Such a steaming pile of....good stuff prof. Zero science, all you need on the left is a position, and then assume others are obligated to reach across the aisle.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Again. Go ahead and take her hunting. Of course, you would have to actually go yourself, and that aiin't likely.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another reason that many, many hunters do not vote is they believe that the Democrats don't care about "hunting guns." They do not understand why anyone would need an AR-type rifle, buy into the "reasonable gun laws" narrative and feel that nobody cares about their .30-30 or Remington 870.

Meanwhile, you now have a 72-hour waiting period to purchase a firearm in Maine, ammunition background checks in New York State, one handgun purchase a month in Virginia, and bills and mandates to ban lead ammunition in numerous States and National Refuges. All pushed through by Democrats.

A silly and naive belief, but it's there.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

.....Go ahead and take her hunting. Of course, you would have to actually go yourself, and that aiin't likely.

I enjoy my time out in the field, why would I want to waste any of it with a hard left, no compromise policy maker? You know, that trivial little inconvenience, policy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

.....Go ahead and take her hunting. Of course, you would have to actually go yourself, and that aiin't likely.

I enjoy my time out in the field, why would I want to waste any of it with a hard left, no compromise policy maker? You know, that trivial little inconvenience, policy.

Well, if you were serious about trying to save and protect hunting, you would. But like I said earlier, you just want to rant in battle mode, not actually win political policy.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

.....Well, if you were serious about trying to save and protect hunting, you would. But like I said earlier, you just want to rant in battle mode, not actually win political policy.

I have never been a single issue voter, and I am not in any rant or battle mode. We've sparred for at least a decade, and it's been many years since you've produced any policy left wing policy substance. I highly doubt if you hunted with an R, that you would suddenly stoplying, and promote sound hunting policy.

But hey, ammo vending machines are coming for illegalcartel traffickers and other assorted gangbangers.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I’ve decided, after much thought on the subject, that teaching someone who believes men can get pregnant, about grouse hunting or shooting likely won’t end well.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It has never occurred to me to inquire as to someone's party affiliation when planning a hunting trip. I have shared camp with D's, R's and Independents. Why surround yourself with an echo chamber? I enjoy hearing other's perspectives, even when I don't agree with them.

As to ballot measures to manage wildlife, it is incredibly short sighted but that is how our state constitution was written. I certainly don't agree with it and will vote against the cat hunting ban.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

I miss Monkey Jim.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.