September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (jlb, azgreg, LRF, Licensed to kill, bushveld, craigd), 228 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,857
Posts550,061
Members14,452
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

wasting time on saturday afternoon....and happened on a "new to me" variation - a classic french helice actioned 16 gauge gun. every thing about the action, and three point lock-up is obviously a product of st. etienne....but the gun is wearing bohler steel barrels, and finished and proofed in austria - nary a french proof mark on it.

don't recall ever seeing a helice action sold out of country....and it looks to be a pretty nicely finished shotgun.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...un.cfm?gun_id=102760640&watch_list=1

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rebarrel effort in Austria & imported into Mobile, Alabama by the Doc.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Rebarrel and restock from what I can see. Maybe worth all that if you took it off of a French widow, stashed it in the half track, and brought it home when you rotated back into Germany.

Hard to say.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just the barrels are worth the asking price & I have all but pulled the trigger. What exactly do you get when you cross an Austrian w/ a French¿¿

Serbus,

Rainey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gut et Bon.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was hoping so. Something more than a Cabbage Head/ Bosche.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted is correct on the restock & since it is dated 1953, a British Officer would have asked for a restock & rebarrell of a French Frame as I believe it wasn't until 1955 that Austrian gun makers could sale to the public. Before 1955 they sold to British Officers @ a collection point in the city centre.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

nice gun...

wonder why weight is not listed?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
nice gun...

Obviously, he does not have a scale. And he is afraid to ask what model he should buy.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by ed good
nice gun...

Obviously, he does not have a scale. And he is afraid to ask what model he should buy.

Ed, this is not unusual. A lot of guns are sold and advertised with poor pictures, a lack of stock dimensions, informing potential buyers about important details such as barrel pitting, being off the face, etc. Sometimes the seller is willing and able to provide that information upon request, and sometimes getting info is like pulling teeth.

The seller may not have a scale. But even if he didn't have one, and wished to purchase one, any fool could search online for all manner of scales, and reviews of scales. Sources like Amazon have hundreds of different scales for sale, and almost all of them have numerous reviews that can help a buyer decide if it will be accurate and reliable enough for his needs. Only a hypersensitive and fragile crybaby would be "afraid" to ask what model he should buy... even if one answer he got was to just do a simple Google search.

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Last, I might note that almost every forum (and especially every forum that begs money from its users) has modern, up to date software that auto resizes photos. Dave loves to take your money, not mine, mind you, and spend it on beer instead of updating to modern standards. So largish photos persist.

Apparently the Nutty Professor must be afraid to ask, or simply do a Google search, in order to learn how to resize an oversized tag line picture. That was the lame and silly excuse he gave for having it and keeping it. He even blamed Dave for making it too hard for his supreme intellect to manage, by saying Dave would rather spend donation money of buying beer rather than doing software upgrades. I myself would like to see proof of that allegation about Dave wasting donation money on beer, since I don't recall Dave ever mentioning drinking or having an alcoholic beverage of choice, even in Threads about our favorite drinks. It's pathetic that the guy who acts like he is the smartest guy in any room publicly admits that he has difficulty with the 20 second process of posting an image here, or an additional 10-15 seconds to resize it. Especially when we all know that oversized displayed tag line message is actually nothing more than an overt eye-poke to Stan and Dustin, all because they injured his fragile spoiled man-child ego. If Dave offered to dry his tears, wipe his butt, and personally resize that image, he would respond with more lame excuses and another tantrum.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.