September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (azgreg, CJ Dawe, Der Ami, Argo44, Birdog, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,884
Posts550,433
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Lloyd3 Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This photograph has been the "home screen" on my cell phone since 2020. Every time I really "see" it (& stop for a moment to ponder it) it reminds me of what can be coming my way yet again, if only I maintain my heath and my "world". That sounds pretty easy to do on first blush, but...every year something seems to come along that threatens that eventuality. Both physically and politically, this game keeps gettings harder to play.

Another picture...

Ted, I swear I'm going to have this one converted to oil and hang it in my gunroom. If I do, I'll get you a copy too.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/28/24 10:17 AM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Politically? How so?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3

This photograph has been the "home screen" on my cell phone since 2020. Every time I really "see" it (& stop for a moment to ponder it) it reminds me of what can be coming my way yet again, if only I maintain my heath and my "world". That sounds pretty easy to do on first blush, but...every year something seems to come along that threatens that eventuality. Both physically and politically, this game keeps gettings harder to play.

Another picture...

Ted, I swear I'm going to have this one converted to oil and hang it in my gunroom. If I do, I'll get you a copy too.
Yeah!! You could sell those!! I'll buy one!!

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Politically? How so?

The never ending battle to eliminate the most efficient form of ammunition, the never ending assault on gun rights, the propaganda endlessly spewed in the public school system, the increased license fees in states like MN, by the leftest troll who masquerades as governor, the misspending of Pitman/Robertson funds to uses not aligned with the original intended uses, probably more that I missed, but,that will give you something to think about….

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Politically? How so?

The never ending battle to eliminate the most efficient form of ammunition, the never ending assault on gun rights, the propaganda endlessly spewed in the public school system, the increased license fees in states like MN, by the leftest troll who masquerades as governor, the misspending of Pitman/Robertson funds to uses not aligned with the original intended uses, probably more that I missed, but,that will give you something to think about….

Best,
Ted

All of this is pure bullshit of course. 100%

And even were it true? Not one bit of it has changed from last year, nor would it affect Lloyd in the slightest. That was just another troll.

_________
=>/

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

So, Governor Walz didn’t raise license fees during his term? 100% BS? Since license fees go to the general fund, it will be hard to see exactly what Minnesotans get on the increase in fees. A perfect out for the lefties in charge, something you obviously can’t grasp.

Unfortunately, if you don’t watch ‘em, they will steal the money:

https://wildlife.org/usfws-approves-pittman-robertson-funds-in-violation-of-nepa/

The current mob in power has worked hard to eliminate all forms of lead. Haven’t been paying attention, have you?

Best,
Ted

Lloyd3 Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Brent: Sadly, not bullshit.

Lead bans are gleefully considered everytime another lefty is elected to the White House (at my EPA job last year, it was all the rage to discuss its "wonderful" potential in the regional office here). On the State level, Minnesota has had several attempts to do this in the last few years, many states (including Colorado) are now "considering" it, and California has already done so. For somebody like me, who owns and shoots older (& even Damascus-barreled) double guns, it would be very hard to continue that practice. The economics of replacing lead would effectively end most sport hunting and target shooting and the proponents know this all-to-well. In the NIOSH Manuel (the handbook used by industrial hygienists for endangerment assessments and the process of choosing how an environmental cleanup will progress, especially concerning PPE for the workers involved) lead is addressed much like all the other contaminants of concern. All the naturally-occurring & synthetic industrial chemical elements are addressed there, including the many speciations (or forms) of lead (I would note that many [if not most] of the other "elements" listed are far-more toxic to human health and the environment) but only lead is so-politically charged and then so deeply-focused upon by the regulators, and the reasons for that are patently obvious to anybody that is paying attention.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 07/28/24 11:34 AM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have any trouble getting lead. I never have. Primers- yes for a while, but that wasn't because of the government. If lead is going to be in shortage it's because of the increase in battery powered cars. Gun owners should have a good supply of lead built up by now. I've got enough reloading supplies to last long after I'm gone. There's 50 bags of lead shot sitting inside the door in a crate at the gun shop I go to about once a month. Just waiting for people to buy. And my gun club has all the shot people need for sale.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 07/28/24 11:30 AM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

They are persistent, and approach it from all angles:

https://www.swnewsmedia.com/prior_l...2292652-e555-11ee-b703-e3cb75848d9e.html

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
Brent: Sadly, not bullshit.

Lead bans are gleefully considered everytime another lefty is elected to the White House (at my EPA job last year, it was all the rage to discuss its "wonderful" potential in the regional office here). On the State level, Minnesota has had several attempts to do this in the last few years, many states (including Colorado) are now "considering" it, and California has already done so. For somebody like me, who owns and shoots older (& even Damascus-barreled) double guns, it would be very hard to continue that practice. The economics of replacing lead would effectively end most sport hunting and target shooting and the proponents know this all-to-well. In the NIOSH Manuel (the handbook used by industrial hygienists for endangerment assessments and the process of choosing how an environmental cleanup will progress, especially concerning PPE for the workers involved) lead is addressed much like all the other contaminants of concern. All the naturally-occurring & synthetic industrial chemical elements are addressed there, including the many speciations (or forms) of lead (I would note that many [if not most] of the other "elements" listed are far-more toxic to human health and the environment) but only lead is so-politically charged and then so deeply-focused upon by the regulators, and the reasons for that are patently obvious to anybody that is paying attention.

So, exactly what happened over the last year, Lloyd, politically?

The license lyin'Ted wails about costs you the same this year as last. The shot used to kill them grouses will still be the same lead shot that you could use last year. So, that really can't be an excuse that has "come along" this year to threaten your "playing the game".

I shoot the same old doubles that you do. Hunting with them, even for waterfowl, much less grouse, is not problem, as you well know. Really, you are just wagging your tail looking for an argument. I'm happy to oblige. I'll be up there with my nonresident license and my old doubles slinging lead at grouse as well. smile

Really, not a damn thing has changed except that there are more mosquitos. You can blame that on Biden, of course. But really, nothing has changed but you.

_________
=>/

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.