September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, 1 invisible), 207 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,897
Posts550,562
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I’m trying to remember if I ever made a negative comment about anybodies dog here, or anywhere else, and I’m not feeling it. I do remember the neighbor who had two Goldens out of the same litter, one hunted, one didn’t, but, the non hunter stayed with momma and was a great guard dog. No harm, no foul, as it were. I told people about that.

A different neighbor has a pair (sisters) of Goldens that were part of a study at the U of M trying to determine why some Goldens had short lifespans. Inconclusive, and his dogs are about 14, at the moment, so, it isn’t a thing with all Goldens. I told people about that.

I’m sorry your dog died, Brent. I have been where you are, and I will go there, willingly, again. Gus was not a man, he was a dog, and dogs bring a different sort of acceptance and loyalty to a man that they consider their owner. A man can never be a dog, and a dog can never be a man. But, together, they can make a pretty good team.

Don’t assume the worst in people who disagree with you, here, Brent. Your dog wouldn’t have.

You have my sympathy.

Best,
Ted

Your memory is pretty selective Ted, but this is nothing new. And actually, I have never assumed the worst about people that disagree with me, and even spend many days every year, hunting, competitively shooting, and many other activities with them. But I have certainly let Fuse, craigd, Stanley, bipolar Kolar, and most especially you, among others, prove just how bad you can be to the world on your very own. Some are borderline "people" at best.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
....among others, prove just how bad you can be to the world on your very own. Some are borderline "people" at best.

Wellfool. Since you are including me, I'll add in, gus got off easy. He doesn't have grandkids that have to negotiate the third worldchit hole that you are trying to turn the US of A into. If there's a bird dog heaven, I have one or two up there that would welcome gus.

Boxlock
Boxlock

It’s easy to get frustrated with constant political news, but focusing on preparing for hunting season is more enjoyable and practical. Build your stamina with regular walks, eat healthily, and take care of any medical or dental needs before the season starts. Ensuring your physical fitness, including a check-up with your doctor, is crucial for a good hunting experience.

Make sure your gear is ready: maintain your guns, check your hunting clothes and boots, and secure the right ammunition. If you’ve added new guns, test them thoroughly. By focusing on these preparations, you’ll enhance your anticipation for the season and find more joy in the process. So, take a break from the media and get ready for a great hunting season.

2 members like this: Jimmy W, OldMaineWoodsman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I don't have any trouble getting lead. I never have. Primers- yes for a while, but that wasn't because of the government. If lead is going to be in shortage it's because of the increase in battery powered cars. Gun owners should have a good supply of lead built up by now. I've got enough reloading supplies to last long after I'm gone. There's 50 bags of lead shot sitting inside the door in a crate at the gun shop I go to about once a month. Just waiting for people to buy. And my gun club has all the shot people need for sale.

Jimmy once again shows his ignorance. Lead for shot and bullets is in short supply for two reasons. The Liberal Left Greenies have caused all of the lead smelting operations in the U.S. to be shut down. And lead and other components have been in short supply due to increased demand caused by the wars in the Ukraine and the Middle East due to Biden's foreign policy blunders.

Electric vehicle batteries do not use lead. The batteries in E.V.'s use Lithium, Nickel, Cobalt, Manganese, and Graphite.

Lead shot, primers, loaded ammo, guns, gasoline, groceries, mortgage rates, and just about everything else has become more expensive because our dollars are worth at least 20% less due to the inflation caused by Biden and Democrat economic policies.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The ten year 1994 Assault Weapon Ban was signed by Democrat Bill Clinton. It expired in 2004, and anti-gun Democrats have been pushing hard to reinstate it ever since. The predicted increase in murders due to them did not happen, and most Republicans vote against a new assault rifle ban. More people die from hands, fists, feet, than rifles. The 2020 total for all rifles was 455, which is a tiny fraction of the over 100,000 per year who die from drug overdoses, largely due to Biden's open border. The Democrat war on the 2nd Amendment is not about saving lives. It is about taking our Constitutional Rights and disarming us.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
....You are pretty creepy guy....

.....Did that make your day?.....

Your dog is none of my business, unless your creepyarse wants to make it so

Good post craigd. It never once occurred to me to post an announcement about the death of my dogs here, or to look for sympathy because of it.

It is not at all surprising to see the Nutty Professor use the death of his dog as an excuse to lash out with a childish personal attack on his many enemies here. There have been quite a few doggy death announcement posted here. I suppose it could help some cope with what is a huge loss. Only this one strikes me as sick to the core.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

3 members like this: ChiefAmungum, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since the subject is Grouse - Any members here fortunate enough to shoot this coming Glorious Twelfth in England or Scotland? Would love to see images of the guns, dogs, and moors.

I'm up to 5.5 miles a day, plus my routine M-F. I plan on visiting the ADK and CNY again this fall before Virginia.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by OldMaineWoodsman
Since the subject is Grouse - Any members here fortunate enough to shoot this coming Glorious Twelfth in England or Scotland? Would love to see images of the guns, dogs, and moors.

I'm up to 5.5 miles a day, plus my routine M-F. I plan on visiting the ADK and CNY again this fall before Virginia.

OMG, IDKWYLAM. confused

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did someone say grouse?

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Did someone say grouse?

Should be a pipe. Maybe Karl can straighten you out.

https://www.centreice.org/page/show/482510-drw-training-camp

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I don't have any trouble getting lead. I never have. Primers- yes for a while, but that wasn't because of the government. If lead is going to be in shortage it's because of the increase in battery powered cars. Gun owners should have a good supply of lead built up by now. I've got enough reloading supplies to last long after I'm gone. There's 50 bags of lead shot sitting inside the door in a crate at the gun shop I go to about once a month. Just waiting for people to buy. And my gun club has all the shot people need for sale.

Jimmy once again shows his ignorance. Lead for shot and bullets is in short supply for two reasons. The Liberal Left Greenies have caused all of the lead smelting operations in the U.S. to be shut down. And lead and other components have been in short supply due to increased demand caused by the wars in the Ukraine and the Middle East due to Biden's foreign policy blunders.

Electric vehicle batteries do not use lead. The batteries in E.V.'s use Lithium, Nickel, Cobalt, Manganese, and Graphite.

Lead shot, primers, loaded ammo, guns, gasoline, groceries, mortgage rates, and just about everything else has become more expensive because our dollars are worth at least 20% less due to the inflation caused by Biden and Democrat economic policies.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The ten year 1994 Assault Weapon Ban was signed by Democrat Bill Clinton. It expired in 2004, and anti-gun Democrats have been pushing hard to reinstate it ever since. The predicted increase in murders due to them did not happen, and most Republicans vote against a new assault rifle ban. More people die from hands, fists, feet, than rifles. The 2020 total for all rifles was 455, which is a tiny fraction of the over 100,000 per year who die from drug overdoses, largely due to Biden's open border. The Democrat war on the 2nd Amendment is not about saving lives. It is about taking our Constitutional Rights and disarming us.
😊

Last edited by Jimmy W; 08/11/24 08:00 PM.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.