September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (bsteele, Wild Skies), 673 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics40,447
Posts575,560
Members14,716
Most Online32,084
Jun 14th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
WDE Offline
Boxlock
Offline
Boxlock

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 17
I’m not sure what I was thinking but I threw a bid on this AYA sidelock O/U with a centervision stock and won it. The problem is I shoot right handed and am right eyed dominant so this may turn into a conversation piece, or more likely a reminder not to drink and bid on guns. Any idea if AYA would sell a replacement stock for a reasonable price?

https://www.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=S0824+++6443S&refno=++219080

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 11,538
Likes: 1903
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 11,538
Likes: 1903
Sure glad I didn’t do that:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Not going to bend your way out of that.

Good luck. Nice gun, if you can find somebody it fits.

Best,
Ted

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 14,671
Likes: 353
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 14,671
Likes: 353
That appears to be a true crossover gun rather than a central vision gun. What would be the selling price were you to take that route? I shoot crossover guns, but probably don't need another.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,921
Likes: 699
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,921
Likes: 699
All my cross over doubles have bent tangs. I think that is a central vision for a fat faced man. I have both central and true cross overs and the cross overs have a lot more twist in the stock. I have central visions with the tangs not bent at all. Cross overs are always with bent metal and there is no realistic way to straighten the metal. And if you could you would still need to have it restocked. No way you could do that and not be so underwater you could ever recover more than half your investment.

It took me years to find a left shoulder, right eye cross over hun. Seems like they never reach the market or are outnumbered by fifty to one or greater. I suspect any dealer who comes across one has several people looking for them before they ever hit the shelf.

Last edited by KY Jon; 08/20/24 10:01 AM.
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 697
Likes: 501
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 697
Likes: 501
Without going back to look, isn’t this the gun Jonny featured in his last Holts walk-around?

For the above reasons, I wouldn’t put any money in the gun but instead knowing that there is someone out there looking for it I’d put my efforts in getting the two together. (And making him or her a very happy shooter.)


Speude Bradeos
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!


Copyright (c) 1993 - 2026 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5