September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (rrrgcy, 1 invisible), 335 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,906
Posts550,614
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boxlock
Boxlock

Any comments on the Jurjevic trigger? I have a graded Fox with one installed.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What make ST did Percy Stansbury have on his Webley?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

IMO inertia single triggers are easier to diagnose and fix, when they're not working properly, than mechanical ones. Maybe it's just the way my brain works but I can understand inertia triggers better than I can mechanical ones.

I fixed a Beretta Silver Snipe single trigger some months ago for a friend. I cleaned it in the ultrasonic then lubed it carefully with a thin oil. He said it worked a few shots then stopped working. I agreed to look at it again, puzzled. I found that the inertia block, the swinging weight which moves in relation to the recoil, was swinging on a pin which was actually a screw which could be tightened or loosened. I determined that it was a tiny bit too tight which was creating a "drag" on the weight as it tried to swing freely. I loosened that tiny screw just a bit and everything has worked fine since.

I'm a mechanical/technical junkie. I love figuring out and understanding mechanisms. Because of this I am a big fan of selective ejectors on break open guns. When they're right they are a sheer joy to me. Triggers are, too. My first love is double triggers. But I will not write a gun off completely solely because it has a single trigger. I have numerous ones. All mine work perfectly. I have had one HOT double on me, but I have determined that it was operator error, not the trigger itself. My pre-'13 LC Smith grade 3 has a HOT. It was originally a pigeon gun, with 3" chambers and 32" barrels. I used it with 1 1/4 oz. handloads of bismuth, and it doubled on me. There are two kinds of doubling. One is where the trigger messes up and causes the doubling. The other is caused by the shooter, when the recoil causes him to hit the trigger twice, the second time because of the recoil. This is what happened to me. It has never doubled with 1 1/8 oz., or less, loads, only with heavy duck loads.

Maybe part of the blame that single selective triggers receive isn't the trigger's fault at all, but the shooter's. Either way, I agree that double triggers are preferred .......... most of the time. grin grin

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ROFLMAO Stan. Your MX-8 have double triggers does it? Your 687?

Single triggers were perfected long ago, at least as far back as Val Browning.

I agree that double triggers belong on SxS game guns but that's where it ends.

I've never been tempted to buy a conversion, a Brit single trigger, or anything made in Spain or Turkey.

Nor a Corvette with a bench seat. smirk

Last edited by Shotgunjones; 09/21/24 08:20 PM. Reason: gross stupidity

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.