September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Mike Harrell, Der Ami, j7l2, liverwort, 2 invisible), 243 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,937
Posts550,912
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

devrep,
What's the problem with asking Lowell and Joe to simply leave me alone? Can we start there? Kerry is not aware of how they hijack the threads and begin discussing lowell's underwear, so he just expects me to endure it when they run me over. He doesn't have the guts to address lowell, because he knows that it'll be his posts being attacked by lowell and joe next...so instead he asks that I continue to endure.
It would be different if they chose to participate instead of disrupting and discrediting...

Again, what's the problem with asking lowell to stop disrupting threads that I am participating on?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert, they're not gonna. be the bigger man and just continue to contribute and act like they don't exist, cause really they don't. When I get bitten by insects I just brush them off, I don't have discourse or start a holy war with them. I'm not going to discuss this any more, do what you need to do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't start a "Holy War" ...I disengaged...but Casey and now Kerryman will have none of that either....I didn't start anything, I disengaged...AT YOUR REQUEST...here is your request

#65479 - Yesterday at 09:48 AM Re: Emil Flues 20 Ga O/U Shotgun [Re: Lowell Glenthorne]
devrep devrep

"you guys suck with your constant slams, trite comments and paranoia. all 3 of you. go away."

Don't you read your own posts? Go away, don't go away just ignore...You don't even know what you want...you only know that you haven't got the guts to insist that lowell and joe curb their attacks on the credibility of other members and their posted data...

In a way the problem is you...you want the information, but you could care less if the person delivering the info is under attack for doing so. Grow some nuts, and report lowell for disrupting yet another academic thread...

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 11/09/07 10:52 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle Stick...WWEFD (What Would Emil Flues Do) He'd probably rake the lot of ya accross the teeth with his favorite rough cut bastard file till you decided to all behave. We all here enjoy the history and detailed info of these guns. If the sophmoric diatribe can't be controlled any better than a MySpace kat-fight, plez take it elsewhere. I for one am plenty sick of it. I will miss the technicle info, pics and data that always is the beginnings of a great thread, but not the same dreadful cafateria food fight ending.
>
Lowell...Now Stop it,
Homeless Joe...Stop It Also,
Robert...Ignore Them, They can't hurt you.
>
There,,,All Better...and you're all on Double Secret Probation till further notice.

Dave weber said it best back on October 22nd, but Unfortunately the squabbling continues.

Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
I have received numerous email expressing disenchantment with various members of the BBS who persist in meaningless squabbles about equally unimportant subjects. Most threads they participate in just deteriorate into childish name calling and sarcastic personal attacks.

I have decided to give myself a birthday gift and will forewarn those of you involved. I will cut you off at the knees and ban you from the board until such time you can illustrate to me that you will behave a gentlemen on my, yes my forum.

Ownership has its privileges and one of them is the ban the user button. So, the game is afoot and I see no innocent parties...if any of the three stooges or even Shemp so much as type one unkind work about each other or any other member I will ban all involved from the BBS for a 2 week period...and if that doesn’t clean things up a permanent ban is very doable.

Happy Birthday to me.
In Charge But Not Responsible

Sidelock
Sidelock

10 bore,
I can't get Lowell and Joe to stop...and now I can't even walk away....here's the deal...from now on when Lowell or joe start with their agenda, I bow out completely....therefore, I shouldn't be resposible to defend the accuracy of each post that I still have posted in that thread, so I must take down my posts...

It's simple...when joe and lowell start "playing" any academic thread that I am participating in...I'm out....you can't force me to participate with them...I reserve the right to bow out...

If that's not acceptable, take it up with lowell and joe

I guess you guys will have to decide...do you want to talk doubles, or do you want to talk pillow talk and racism?....

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 11/09/07 07:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Chambers, I believe I read that you were a member of a Marine recon unit in Vietnam,as was I,eagles don't chase flies and I am sure this trifling provocation you are enduring is nothing compared to what you have endured in the past.Please ignore any and all irrelevant posts on your threads and continue to enlighten us with your considerable knowledge.You are the one educating us and like all teachers you must sometimes learn to ignore students who do not want to learn and think they know more than the teacher.Now, as you were saying....

Sidelock
Sidelock

What happened to an interesting discussion of a unique gun? Forget the trolls. If they get too bothersome, Dave will sweep them back under their respective bridges. He's done it in the past, to the benefit of this BB.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry,
What's there to talk about when somebody keeps suggesting that the gun in question is actually an import...even though he knows that's not the case...Who wants to debate it with him? Not I...someone needs to take note that once again, lowell has disrupted yet another thread...he and joe think they're being slick by simply taking turns.
Clive hasn't asked for any further info....It'll take a while for the novelty of his Flues O/U to stand out...The first thing he'll notice is how completely different the barrel bars are to the simple way that Merkel, Simpson, and Griefelt chose to handle the problem. Especially how thick they are when viewed from above.

I should post similar photos of a pre-war Merkel so that he can compare it to his Flues...the cocking levers are completely different, the ejector trip levers are completely different (they look like trips)...the cross bolts are square...the rib extensions have two additional hooks that are mortised deep into the action...the trigger, if it's like either of mine, is adjustable for different length of pull...if in fact it does have ejectors, I'll bet the ejector system has not been seen before...I can go on and on about how interesting this gun is...

Tom28 was exactly dialed in when he said the gun was made while Emil's shop was on Seneca Street....I wonder what other info Tom28 has...

clive Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hi Robert. God....being a first time contributor.....what a hornet's nest!!! I thought that this was supposed to be about shotguns... Anyway, many thanks for all the information you have posted and for trying to keep the subject matter on track. Clive.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.