June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Stanton Hillis, David Williamson, buckstix), 212 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,621
Posts547,071
Members14,429
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sharpsrifle is right on point, I agree completely! A very interesting topic with lots of pics to learn from.
Thanks,
Craig

Robert!!!
"Sharpsrifle is right on point, I agree completely"
That goes for me 110%
Casey

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: reb87
Robert,
The stock on the auction gun looks well fitted except its not quite perfect(pretty close though) at the top tang. Why do you think it is not the original stock?
Ross

Reb,
Could we wait until the auction closes before I address your question...I don't want to be misconstrued as knocking somebody elses gun as some do for sport and spite right here at this system...the extent of their behavior doesn't simply end when they move on to damage some other threads, it precludes us from speaking the truth when called for.

Everyone is eager to read about Emil Flues, but now it's apparent why Flues gun owners are reluctant to post their gun here...I'm not afraid to post...Craig didn't know any better....but the guys with the Two Thousand Dollar grade sidelocks will only lose if they come forward...

I have Emil's personal gun but if I make that leap and post pictures, it won't be hours until wrecking crew arrives to say it looks like something their dog left behind...I know it ...you know it...and there's nothing we can do about it...

There's are at least 75 Parkers by Emil Flues out there...ask yourself why won't anyone post a photo or two? Some of them are in Canada, and at least 63 are in the US...Emil's closest friend, at the time of his death, sold 63 of his fathers upgraded Parkers to Pachmayr, "as fakes"...Pachmayr resold them letting people assume that he made the upgrades...
Where are they? Why won't they surface? What happened to all the guns Emil made for the Cherry Hill Country Club Members?...What happened to the guns Emil made and upgraded for Canazzi? I'm sure some are lost to understanding...most are in the hands of collectors who are not online...but are there too many in circulation for that to be it...I'm convinced that many simply won't post them here because of the loss in value that will invariably be issued by the pigeons. Wouldn't it great if the Flues story unfolded right here the way Rev, PeteM, Reb and more have done with the Damascus story...We all pay the price for not insisting they stop.

They won't allow the Jerry Swinney notes to be posted either

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Robert Chambers

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Geo. Newbern

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert, anyone who posts here about anything--no matter how much research they've done, no matter what the level of their expertise--opens himself up to contrary opinions. You may think the Flues guns are the greatest in the world; others will have different opinions, maybe based on having seen them, more likely not. But so what? Some people think Model 21's are God's gift to the shotgun world. Or LC Smiths. And you will also find detractors. If you're going to post on the Net, you have to develop a thick skin. That's a simple fact of life. I'm one of very few outdoor writers that posts much. The others avoid the Net because they don't want to take the heat--justified or not--that can come with it. Me . . . I don't care. Much of what is posted is only opinion anyhow, and everyone is entitled to his own. Personally, I've learned a lot from these websites; have used material from them in articles I've written. Stick around long enough and you learn which people are worth paying attention to and which are the pot stirring trolls, with nothing to contribute.

You have interesting material to post, and it looks to me as if you have more than enough on Mr. Flues for an article (or perhaps two or three) on the subject in Double Gun Journal. That's one way to get paid for your efforts--and to take less heat from the Peanut Gallery.

Mr. Chambers,
Geo. Newbern is "spot-on" with his comments regarding what I too perceive to be backhanded blackmail. I believe most all here value your contributions. However, if the price we must pay is to shout down your detractors in order to curry your favor, then forget it...you can keep your research to yourself. I for one will not be involved with "voicing opinions about other members" who you find personally offensive. Frankly, I've never seen anyone so hell bent on destroying their own character in the eyes of their peers as you have been on this thread and others with this petty B.S...it's very tiresome. Your research efforts are commendable and appreciated...your rants are of no value to anyone, least of all to yourself.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

No manners = no participation...insisting on manners is not blackmail...get your data from lowell

Sidelock
Sidelock

Comparing the Ithaca FLUES to the NID or the Fox models it seems that the Flues is a very complicated action but that wickedly fast lock time tends to erase all of that.
All the best

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sharing of research material on sites such as this does not in any way detract from the monetary value of that research material. The site readership is relatively small, and the material, if later published, will be scooped up by those who previously read and copied it in piecemeal fashion. In fact, those who previously showed interest in the material will be the first to order the published version. Mr. Chambers' fear of "giving away" his research material is a bit over the top. I suggest he continue to share it without fear of detracting from its value.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.