LG - To answer your question directly, "Yes." The Brit makers worked out good patterns for most shooting purposes. However, they worked them out for their most usual clients. They built to weight and balance. MOI was unknown until Thomas showed the application. So, whatever was done by gunmakes before Thomas, was done on intuition. The kicker for me is that there is little physical commonality between me and your basic Brit now and much less 100 years ago. Since I buy used, not bespoke, I have to deal with guns made for smaller people. So, yes, I question the handling of all guns, Brit best included, that come within my grasp.

HC - MOI is the same number in the pitch (up and down) and yaw (side to side) axis. It would be different in the roll axis, but we don't have a movement of the gun that involves roll, so I don't measure it. I'm having trouble with posting a photo of my MOI machine; I'll post one as soon as I can figure out what is wrong. It is small and simple. The gun turns a timed 360 degrees from a standing start under constant torque. That allows a calibrated MOI to be determined from the time.