Morning Robert. I checked all the marks that are visible, I do not see any raised D in a sunken diamond, nor the common Masquelier triangle mask mark. There is a Crown over D mark, and usual other Belgian proofs, but nothing else. I do not believe this is a Merkel produced action. I do have the following, which I downloaded some time back from an area on littlegun. I can't seem to go back to it, however, they tell me now a subscription is required, and I have not subscribed.

This apparently is an ad they picked up from some publication and uploaded to littlegun. The photograph shows an action which is shaped exactly like mine, same pin locations, same reinforce buttress, everything seems exactly like mine but much plainer. Mine has a good bit of very good engraving, very good case colors remaining, that Miller SST, and better wood. Don Zutz seemed convinced these Charles Daly marked guns were made by Masquelier, and after reading his printed story and seeing the ad and photo above from littlegun, I agree. Hope this helps.