June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 429 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,172
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hap,
My recollection is that the law concerns mfg and selling of new guns and mags with capacity greater than 10 rounds. I don't know how that has affected the many varieties of .22's with capacities for .22 shorts that are well over 10 rounds. Might be 'tubular' only as you mentioned. I don't keep up with some of this stuff anymore and I've never owned a handgun with more than 10 round capacity and only a .22 with more.

Lawmakers everywhere seem to make laws that have no basis in fact for their existance. The Calif ban on .50 cal BMG is rediculous and the 50 BMG guys have already come up with a .49 BMG

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/12/07 10:32 AM.
hap Offline OP
OP Offline

Chuck,

Agreed, funny how the law of unintended consequences works, eh?

As for the Aguila shells not working in pump guns; I have tried these shells in 2 Win. Model 12's, worked OK with a little "bobbling" required in both. 2 870's, worked GREAT in one of the older Wingmaster's that had seen a lot of use (perfectly!), not so well in the other, a High Standard Sport King, didn't feed well. A Win. 1300 which worked perfectly, a Win. '97 worked well (read perfect) if pumped with authority, not so well if just casually working the slide, a Mossberg 500, didn't work very well. I tried these in several O/U and SxS's... if I was too relaxed, any of the guns with inertia set triggers wouldn't always set the second BBl...another argument for two triggers! If you checked Aguila's website they had some interesting mod's you could do to various pumps, not sure I'd want to change anything on any of my shotguns. As I stated previously, these are great training loads. Aslo make a good conversation starter.
I use them in the inexpensive single-shot 12's with a youth stock for trining young new shooters- recoils like a .410, hits like (at least) a 28 gauge. The balance of the inexpensive New England Firearms single 12 gauges must be felt to be believed! close your eyes and mount and swing one-

Hap

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hap,
I was thinking of loading some very short shells for my light damascus 12g guns that had shot loads in the sub 3/4 oz range for quail hunting. Part of my motivation is to have a small shell to carry (coolness) and a more sporting load size for the little quail. Kind of a way to make my vintage lightweight 12g Parkers into 28g guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

After trying some of their .22 cal stuff couple of years ago I'm done with that outfit. Nooo thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hap, Was surprized at how many pumps you had good results with them. Tried one box in several pumps, Rem. 870, 31, and and a Mossy. No go, had a couple of friends that tried in a Win. 12, and a Ithaca 37 with poor results. One thing probably did not work the action with authority. My only personal pump is a Rem. 31L in 16 ga. Had to borrow the others when we were shooting one day.` Am going to have a grandson try them in a Marlin 120 I gave them several years ago. He actually carries that heavy shotgun rabbit hunting, oh to be young again.

hap Offline OP
OP Offline

Chuck,

These are full pressure modern type loads so not sure I'd want to use them in any old guns not proofed for modern stuff.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same factory that made the Remington Mohawk shells back in the 60's or 70's.

Hap

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.