June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (fallschirmjaeger), 179 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,631
Posts547,175
Members14,430
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have handled a couple of the Famars four barreled guns. they were both 28-ga. They are a facinating piece of workmanship but not something that I would want to hunt with. As well made as a Famars gun is these just feel a bit to awkward in my hands. Here in NJ there is a three shell limit and simply not loading the fourth shell would not get you within the law either. The gun need to be unable to hold more than three shells. At the cost of a Famars gun it would be a very expansive novelty also.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good ole' Ross Seyfried uses couple similar to that "i", but of Highlander origin? for his hunting adventures.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Drilling that's a 12guage with 2 1/2 chambers with three triggers two of them are hinged. Chokes are Cly.+ Mod + Full. I will try to post pictures of this gun along with a Famars Rombo 28 gauge and a Heym Vierling (20x20x30-06x.22LR) The Rombo weighs about 7 1/2 lbs and the Heym weighs about 9 1/2 with the scope on. The weight of these guns might be a lot to hunt with. New guns like the Heym, which I special ordered, take almost two years to get. These guns would be more of an oddity than a functional hunting gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Watson brothers in the making for the last 8 years atleast.

Sliver---

By far, most are drillings with 3 barrels. Drillings can be terrific guns and practical. But like most things in life, it is a matter of personal preference and taste. Some people think they are silly.

I love how they look, and how they function. And just as the double barrel has many advantages, a drilling has many advantages. Just one being---you are hunting deer and a few turkeys show up, and you cannot risk opening the gun, making the noise or taking the time to change ammo. With a drilling you have 3 immediate, soundless options.

Here is a website where you can see many pictures--

http://www.drillinghotline.com/index.shtml

I think the ideal setup would be a side by side 9.3x74R over a 12 gauge smoothie. Or a 12 gauge side by side over a 9.3x74R.

The ones I have handled had perfect weight and pointed very well. I would happily hunt with any I've had the pleasure of handling.

http://www.icm.cc
transforming ideas into reality
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's simply crazy, to my thinking. Like shopping with four carts at the supermarket, one each for fish and fowl, the others for pork and beef. I wouldn't hunt with a guy who showed up with a four-barrel gun in camp. He'd be the guy who equates hunting with the bag, making sure he isn't skunked.

Yeah, four barrels is a bit much but the 3 barrel drilling is palatable. And many people find them aestheticlaly appealing, as well as funtional without going too far. Afterall two barrels is very close to 3 and yet teh double barrel is in some people's minds one too many... of course they would not stick their head into this place!!! hahaha

http://www.icm.cc
transforming ideas into reality
Sidelock
Sidelock

Modern ones usually sport large scopes (for hunting in low light) in Suhler mounts, so they just the ticket those living countries where ability to own more than one piece is difficult or expensive if not impossible. They are not "mixed bag" guns in true sense as most Americans think. Oh, I think 20x20/.30-30 with LW Kahles 2-7x in Suhler mount would be nice. It's the season for C-mas tree, grog,......and lushusly carved drilling.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are the pictures of my Heym, Famars, and Drilling.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.