The world is full of FFL holders who haven't a clue what their rules are, and getting fuller. Some adamantly insist that they will not receive a gun(interstate) for you, unless it is shipped BY an FFL. Wrong. Some others will not hand you a copy of their license so you can mail it to the seller. What do they think you will or can do with it, other than the intended use? I would never ask or do anything that might jeopardize an FFL's license but it's darned annoying that so many are ignorant of the proper rules. What does it prove to them or anyone else that an interstate firearm to be transferred comes FROM an FFL? Nothing! The shipping FFL doesn't run a background check on the seller! The only important thing is that the background check on the new owner is properly done, as needed.
I started this thread just as a length of time update. However, it always brings out a few wrong answers and misinformation. Please, everyone, if you want to know the fine details about this subject, go to the ATF website and read the FAQs for youself. Now that I are one(C & R), I may not ever even use it. I'm trying to buy a new truck.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all,

> Jim Legg <