Last Dollar, I am sorry that you never really got an accurate answer to your question. The fact about Damascus barreled guns is that they are truly dangerous to shoot. Even if you couldn't see any pits in the barrels, a small undetectable pit could be dangerous. So, as someone mentioned, having a gunsmith look at it wouldn't do any good and if he were any kind of a gunsmith, he would probably tell you not to buy or shoot the gun. On this board, we had one of the best damascus barrel experts by the name of Oscar Gaddy, before he passed away. Even he agreed with the fact that if you proof test a gun with damascus barrels, you could damage the gun to the point where it could blow up in your face. So damascus barreled guns are a no win situation. You could sleeve it or put Teague liners in it, but you wouldn't want to drag a club through the woods, now would you? This is the answer someone should have given you. I think some of them did...... Someone brought up the disorder of PMS. I guess the reason I have been single/divorced for the past twenty five years is because someone told me that the reason they named it PMS was because they had already given the term Mad Cow to another disease. Now I have this miserable disorder. And there is nothing I can do about it. So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Last Dollar. Sincerely............Denny Crane.