June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
11 members (Canvasback13, Argo44, Cold1, 4 invisible), 274 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,511
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

If your heading back this weekend and LaCross,WI is not out of your way there is a gun show there this weekend Fri 5pm to 9pm, Sat 9am to 5pm and Sun 9an to 3pm. Its a pretty good sized show and I will be there with about 50 doubleguns in all price ranges from wall hangers to sidelock Merkels.

Hope to see you there this weekend.

Mark Beasland

mark@mbabllc.com

http://www.mbabllc.com

CMWill Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you all for the suggestions and kind offers. Ill be flying home this weekend and unfortunately wont be able to make it to many of the shops. I only really have one free day and I think Ill spend it heading up to Pugs and maybe detouring on the way down to stop in at Cabelas. I know they usually offer less than interesting and intelligent conversations, but at least Ill get a laugh at their prices I hope to make quite a few more trips in the future to the land of 10,000 lakes and will plan accordingly to see and meet more double enthusiasts. Next time I hope to be begging some of you for your secret grouse hunting hideouts. Again, thank you all, and if any of you are ever in Michigan dont hesitate to PM, email, or call me for double gun shops and double gun talk.

Last edited by CMWill; 01/03/08 12:45 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is Pug going to be there or is he off with the cream of the crop to Stamford?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have bought several interesting shotguns at Cabelas over the years, sometimes thier ignorance is an advantage, where else can one buy a Pigeon grade Smith for under $300? Pugs on the other hand has never provided a good deal in my price range.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jack maloney
Burger Bros. sold out to a bigbox store years ago - but it wasn't much of a loss, as their quality gun inventory never amounted to much.

Gosh, whenever I visited one of their stores they usually had a few Parker Repros, American and European doubles, sometimes had an English double or two and sometimes double rifles. Most of these guns had price tags north of $3000---in my world I would describe them as quality guns...it's a pity they're no longer around.

Originally Posted By: CMWill
Next time I hope to be begging some of you for your secret grouse hunting hideouts.

There are no grouse in Minnesota.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
CMWill Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I called Pugs and they said they will be open 9-5 Thursday and Friday. Im planning on heading up there tomorrow. Come on now Jack, if there are none in Michigan and none in Minnesota, where are they all? Maybe we should all take a trip to our friends in Maine. I hear they have some

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would expect nothing less from ole' bank building with fresco adored ceilings!

Originally Posted By: CMWill
Come on now Jack, if there are none in Michigan and none in Minnesota, where are they all?

I heartily recommend Maine for carpetbagging grouse hunters. I hear the locals are friendlier, too. We Minnesotans are cold to everyone, even ourselves.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.