June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (ithaca1, MattH, Sun Dog, LRF, fullandfuller, 1 invisible), 329 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,050
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
You know, some gents on this board might be interested in buying something of him. Perhaps there is an ole fowler in very good condition from: Boswell, Greener, Tolley, Bland, Pape,.... in that luvly bunch. I would pay cash eqivalent in Euros.

This just might fit the bill!!?? -

Wm. Smith of London ~ Flint lock double barrel side by side shotgun by Wm. Smith of London. No serial number. Top gold next to locks marked "Gulley".

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been told that the best way of not paying inheritance tax is to have the person sell you the items listed for $1.00. All legal and binding.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: FHALZ@AOL.COM
WITH THOSE HIGH GRADE GUNS, I WOULD GO THE AUCTION ROUTE. I WOULD USE A LARGE AUCTION HOUSE LIKE THE ONE MENTIONED. TO TRY AND SELL ON YOUR OWN IS A PAIN. ON A COLLECTION OF THAT SIZE AND THE GRADE OF GUNS, THEY WILL CHARGE ABOUT 10% TO YOU. IT IS WORTH IT. FRANK

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sharpsrifle, I take your comments as a high compliment. Thank you.

Roscoe

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill, Why don't you sell me the M37S two barrel set and the high condition 4E for less than you paid for them and take a capital loss on your 1040? Your conscience will be clear and it will be my problem down the road. I could even Will them back to you and you would get a step-up in basis.

Mr. Stephenson,
Please do take my comments about your web site as a most sincere compliment, your guns and site are first tier.

VA Collector,
Perhaps you should contact Roscoe Stephenson and discuss the many options that have been presented on this forum. One look at http://www.RoscoeStephenson.com should tell you he knows a thing or two about quality, and since he's an attorney located in Covington, VA there's a possibility he's close enough to provide "hands-on" advice. Just a thought since I don't know neither of you, but what have you got to lose?
One thing is certain. We're all impressed with the high quality of the arms your uncle bequeathed to you. Any collector would think they'd died and gone to heaven to have such arms given to them. I suspect that the appraisal you received 2+ years ago is a bit on the low end. If most of the collection is of the quality you've posted here, I think you can multiple it by 3 or 4 to get a more realistic figure. Consequently, seeking the very best professional advice is a necessity. Unless you're knowledgeable yourself, sell only through a dealer/broker with a track record for selling high end guns to an established client list with DEEP pockets!

Last edited by Sharpsrifle; 01/02/08 04:38 PM.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I found some earlier pics of several of the firearms http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh179/VaCollector/ and have uploaded them to photobucket. Some of the caps MAY not be correct as I was going from a very cloudy memory....so PLEASE let me know if something doesn't look right....otherwise....enjoy the pics!

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh179/VaCollector/

Sidelock
Sidelock

VaCollector: Regardless of what Chief & Dave K said (or perhaps in agreement) you should speak with several auction houses including Charlton Hall, Greg Martin & James Julia before choosing. I would, however, select one on this side of the pond for the reasons before given if you decide to go the auction route.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keeping a gun in the family is important ya - but which one eh?
I wouldn't think your uncle too happy if you sold 'em all just to winter in the south of France!

Sidelock
Sidelock

VA Collector, the poster "Capt Curl" is a collector of English guns, a wonderful source of information for you if you would consider contacting him through the web address that he provides with his posts. He is located in Virginia and would be available to you for advice. Bill Murphy

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.