If you are looking for strong and very durable case look at one of the Americase. They are not canvas or leather covered but will give you max. protection for your guns. You can order them with about any interior layout you want. Have used them for 15-20 years and never had any problems.

I have 20-30 leather cases and 10-15 metal gun cases. Leather cases go from standard leg-o-mutton to custom fitted cases. The leather cases look best to me, but are not that much fun to use. It is too easy to get a ding or gouge in the surface of the leather. I know that well worn leather has a charm of its own but I hate to take a perfect case and have it marked, gouged and scuffed by simple use. I have had canvas cases made to protect the leather cases while traveling.

When you put two guns in one case or one gun with several barrels it gets very heavy. I hate having to carry a 25-30 pound case. Much rather have two smaller, lighter cases to deal with. If you had two thinner, smaller leather motor cases you could get a canvas over case to carry and protect them both in. Place both in the canvas case and zip up the canvas case. Two well made leather straps around the canvas case should hold and protect your two cases inside. Just a thought.