I've been looking for an AlumaCraft Ducker for a long time myself. Have passed on several double enders because I want the square stern model that you can run a small motor on. They're a really cool boat. I just got to see the one that belonged to Nash Buckingham when I was down in Memphis recently.

I've got a Barnegat and it works well though I don't use it much. I bought it from that guy in Virginia who has run the ad in Wildfowl for years. Well built boat, but too heavy for cartopping. I need a trailer for it, I'd probably use it more if I had one.

As far as my experience in the duck tub / sinkbox, it was really fun and interesting. Very wet, I had on all my best rain gear and was still pretty damp by the end of the morning.

It was a little choppy and the bigger waves come right straight into the box with you. You have a bailing can between your feet and have to keep the water from getting over the seat. I had to bail it out a couple times over the course of the shoot.

A friend and I actually built a test model for use across the border in Canada. It needs some modifications but I think we'll have her ready for next season. We did some test runs in the early fall but just didn't have it exactly right so we never used it during the shooting season.

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits