I am always open to learning. I have personally never owned a drilling nor actually used one in the field to bag game. I guess that is obvious. I handled a couple of the four bbl'd .410's that A&S made when they were sold under the Famars name, but I don't recall the exact firing sequence or drill either. I want to say that they did not involve using a lever to shoot bbls. #3 & #4, but I'll Clunk that remark, JIC;-)It was a while back, early 70's, I think.

Still, in a three bbl'd shotgun application my thinking would be for it to operate as Geno said I was thinking, with semi-auto logic;-) Are you saying, Silver, that the Austrians in Ferlach had in essence a semi-auto solution?

With a rifled 3rd or under bbl. on a drilling I can see the use of a lever to specifically select & fire the rifle bbl., no problem. That has been my understanding of their normal function. I simply thought with a three barreled shotgun, the trigger would be designed to get the third shot off sequentially w/o extraneous selector motion being necessary.

So, is it technically a 'drilling' still or is it a 'flintendrilling' or does that distinction even exist based on the trigger function? I do think it a wonderfully constructed and interesting piece. I just don't know much about odd multi bbl'd. configurations making the education both fun and enlightening. Thank you, gentlemen!