September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (FallCreekFan, fullandfuller, 2 invisible), 413 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,931
Posts550,844
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maaan, pretty soon that's the only fine gun with hand engraving I'm going to be able to afford. Let's not knock our hard times wonder!
Gee, I wanted that plated 12br CZ Ringneck? with long barrels/cts as my luvly fower, but that mint Ithaca 51 was only $400 and hobos can't be choosers. I just didn't have enough $ to buy that fine SxS.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

So here is the latest. The gunsmith was not able to get to it this week but the seller is willing to 1) let me buy it and shoot it this weekend and 2) still have a gunsmith look it over with the option to return if it malfunctions or the gunsmith sees issues. I think I am going to go ahead and get it and will post pictures for all of you to look at.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Arizaga, Arizabalaga, sounds the same to someone from Topeka..."

My goodness. Raining in the desert so I thought I'd check some previously ignored threads. We mentally deficients of the 'fly-over' Great American Desert are so appreciative when our betters deem us worthy to be educated. How DID Eisenhower manage to win WWII anyway? And the Menningers move Psychiatry from 'The Snake Pit' to science? (possibly Karl 'got smart' only when teaching at Harvard.) If anyone is interested, here are a few more 'meaningful' Kansans
http://ks.nea.org/readacross/RAA06-famouskansans.html

Sorry to highjack your thread Brent, but the randomly dropped insults sure get old.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

No worries - This is my first post on this page and it has been rather interesting to see what my simple question has drummed up. All-in-all, I am rather happy to have joined the group. I am no stranger to the quick quips though - seems vintage watch collectors are of the same ilk.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

HI Brent, well if the seller is willing to let you fire it and inspect it. I think you'll do just GREAT!! Go for it. Glad you like the forum. I sure do, you always learn something on it.

Lets hear from you soon!!!

Good Luck and God Bless!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Buffalo Bill Cody, 1846-1917
Born in Scott County, Iowa, in 1846, Cody grew up on the prairie. When his father died in 1857, his mother moved to Kansas, where Cody worked for a wagon-freight company as a mounted messenger and wrangler.

I guess you don't have to be born in Kansas to be a Kansan.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's not be too hasty with our criticisms of the posters on this thread. Even the most abraisive and impolite of them contributed to what our friend Brentflyfish wanted to know about his gun. Even if their tone was unacceptable to some of us, the intent was to help him out...I think.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

for the record - that is how I took it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, I think it's pretty safe to say that Kansas is the only state in the union that can claim 3 world record holders in the mile/1500 meters. All native Kansans, all ran for KU: Glenn Cunningham, Wes Santee, Jim Ryun.

Sorry , wrong thread I thought it said "From Placenta" Regards

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.