About 20 years ago I had a table at our annual local 2-day gun show, and due to the crowds coming by didn't have a chance to look around until later in the day.An older gentleman that seemed to have an interest in things British had a few guns on his table and the one that caught my eye was a large single barrel piece that turned out to be a single ten gauge by W.W.Greener.It had obviously seem some hard use but it was all there,and the more I handled it the better it felt.The weight ,the balance,the stock dimensions,everything said, "take me shooting".The gun was chambered for the 3 1/4" "perfect" brass case however there was one problem.The tape measure and bore micrometer gave a barrel length of 38 1/2" and no choke.At some point in the past I had to assume that an obstruction at the muzzle had resulted in the barrel being shortened. It was not uncommon for fowlers like this to have 42" barrels.A serious fowler with no choke, maybe not.Further measuring discovered minimum barrel wall of almost 70 thou.and an idea was born.A phone call to the late,great,Stan Baker in Seattle and the barrels were in the mail.Two weeks later I had a 3 1/2" chambered,overbored ten gauge with 25 thou of choke that threw wonderful full choke patterns with 1 1/2 oz. of #2 bismuth shot.The old girl was back in business.Everytime I
take her out I wonder where she has been.Likely spent two or three decades on the marshes of Britain and then over to the
"colonies".Well, she is doing a fine job on our local snow goose population and gives me a "buzz" everytime out.
[img][/img]

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid,than open it and confirm.