Jack, once again you seem to want to disagree about what we bot agree on. Health insurance companies significantly increase the cost of medical care. You still have not addressed my point that the federal government was not established to be our nannies. My point about social security still stands also.
Do you really know and understand what the term 'economies of scale' means. In the private sector economies of scale reduce cost to a manufacturer or service provider increasing their ability to compete in the marketplace and hopefully increasing profits. In terms of the government ecomomies of scale, while reducing the cost of operation also decrease the tax base upon which government survives, thereby negating part of the savings if not increasing the total cost of service.
Fortunately for me I spent the body of the day bird hunting and had very little time for fact checking. The one statistic that I did find was that in the USA the infant mortality rate reported by the CDC was .68%. When I checked the WHO site their statistics were not broken down into percents but by very vague and broad parameters, not specific at all. I was hapy to see however that their nice color coded map of infant mortality had the USA the same green shade as almost all of Europe. Northern Europe and Canada were a nicer color but going by their reporting methods this could be caused by as litle as one infant death in 100,000. Peter